Someone recommended a Boston surgeon to me-who was it?

Fatfreedom
on 12/16/08 6:00 am - NH
I have been searching my posts and cannot find the reply.  I am interested in a revision.  I think the person said the surgeon was out of Brigham and Women's hospital.  Help.  Thanks!
apirl R.
on 12/16/08 8:10 am

Hello
Dr David Lautz at Brigham and Women's hospital in Boston is the surgeon you want to see, He is great , His office number is 617-732-6960.  Hope that helped
APRIL

Fatfreedom
on 12/16/08 11:35 am - NH
Thanks so much!  That is who I was looking for!!  Appreciate it!
Valerieb09
on 12/16/08 11:40 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi,
I recommended him to you a few months ago.  He did my revision in June.  I have done very well. You have to attend his Info Seminar first before you can call Eileen for a consult appt.  You can sign up online for it now on the hospital website. He is very busy and very sought after you it may be a few months before you can get an appt. but at your consult he will give you your surgery date.
Valerie
Fatfreedom
on 12/16/08 12:22 pm - NH
Thanks so much Valerie!  I will do that now.
Fatfreedom
on 12/16/08 12:24 pm - NH
On December 16, 2008 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, Valerieb09 wrote:
Hi,
I recommended him to you a few months ago.  He did my revision in June.  I have done very well. You have to attend his Info Seminar first before you can call Eileen for a consult appt.  You can sign up online for it now on the hospital website. He is very busy and very sought after you it may be a few months before you can get an appt. but at your consult he will give you your surgery date.
Valerie

Also, can you remind me what you had done for surgery?

When you say he will have your surgery date at your appointment how is that possible before testing, knowing what you're having done etc?

Thanks again!
Valerieb09
on 12/17/08 1:25 am - Seacoast, NH
I had a revision from lapband to the RNY, adhesion removal, and umbilical hernia repair.  He usually gives you your date and sets up your preop testing at the same time.  You may need a bit more testing to see how your pouch is, etc.  He works with a doctor at the Brigham to do endoscopies, etc.
I am not sure what he can or will do for you but I am sure he will help you if he can.  Just to let you know I have heard he will not do a revision on his own patients that regain all their weight.  He also does bariatric research and has been involved in a lot of clinical trials.  He really enjoys being a bariatric surgeon. 
I have lost 46% of my excess weight when I saw him on November 13th.  I have lost about 75 lbs. now which I am very happy with.  He has been very happy with my progress.  This road has been a heck a lot easier to travel than the lapband road.  I am 54 years old so I am probably one of his older revision patients plus I only have one kidney as I lost one to cancer five years ago.
Valerie
Fatfreedom
on 12/17/08 1:53 am - NH
On December 17, 2008 at 9:25 AM Pacific Time, Valerieb09 wrote:
I had a revision from lapband to the RNY, adhesion removal, and umbilical hernia repair.  He usually gives you your date and sets up your preop testing at the same time.  You may need a bit more testing to see how your pouch is, etc.  He works with a doctor at the Brigham to do endoscopies, etc.
I am not sure what he can or will do for you but I am sure he will help you if he can.  Just to let you know I have heard he will not do a revision on his own patients that regain all their weight.  He also does bariatric research and has been involved in a lot of clinical trials.  He really enjoys being a bariatric surgeon. 
I have lost 46% of my excess weight when I saw him on November 13th.  I have lost about 75 lbs. now which I am very happy with.  He has been very happy with my progress.  This road has been a heck a lot easier to travel than the lapband road.  I am 54 years old so I am probably one of his older revision patients plus I only have one kidney as I lost one to cancer five years ago.
Valerie
Glad to hear you are doing well!

If he will not do revisions on his own patients why would he do one on me?
Valerieb09
on 12/17/08 4:47 am - Seacoast, NH
That's what a lady told me in his waiting room earlier this year.  He would do one if you had mechanical failure, etc.  I think it would depend on the cir****tances as I would think he would expect his patients to be somewhat compliant with the rules.  Someone that gains back 80 lbs. is not being compliant in my eyes.
I do think you should go ahead and go to the info seminar and call Eileen for a consult appt.  He does a lot of difficult cases that other doctors won't touch and these are usually some type of revision.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Valerie
apirl R.
on 12/19/08 9:55 am, edited 12/19/08 10:03 am
Hello
I had my first app't on thursday 12/18 and have an upper GI 12/26 and endoscopy on 12/29 - not excited about that. but things are moving fast,  do you know how long it takes to get a surgery date? hoping he can help me, Dr. lautz  told me he wants to see if my pouch stretched and if exiting (forgot the name)of my food stretch as well. IAlso i was part of the clinical trail last year at Brigham with dr. christopher Thompson, however it did not work for me,  so i am hoping he will take that in consideration
April
Most Active