Tuesday is THE day

SheriAZ
on 12/14/08 11:16 am
Well Tuesday is my day. It came so fast I just can't believe it. I am really not nervous at all. I have been so busy trying to get everything taken care of at school so that all of my semester grades are in and everything is done for the end of the year that I was able to put the surgery to the back of my mind. It wasn't even so bad doing the two weeks pre-surgery diet. I have been working with my students though baking Christmas cookies and candies (I am a Culinary Arts teacher) that was a little difficult but this surgery is too important to me to mess it up.

I really am not sure if there is anything special I should be bringing with me to the hospital so if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you and keep me in your thoughts and prayers on Tuesday and I will chat with you afterwards.

Sheranne
sunrise
on 12/14/08 3:07 pm - Riverbank, CA
Congratulations! I hope to follow in your footsteps soon. Many people recommend lipbalm of some kind, music to keep your spirits lifted and take care of hospital "white noise", non-skid slippers for the hallway walks, and comfy pajama pants so as not to show off the rear view to too many. Personal pillow?

Timing is terrific with Christmas break here.

How soon did you receive a date with your surgeon once you knew this would be the path to take? Curious.

Take care. Good luck!
Sunrise

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 12/14/08 11:51 pm - Miami, FL
Wishing you an uneventful journey and a speedy recovery!  Hope to join you REAL soon on the " losers" bench.
Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 1:42 pm, edited 12/20/08 2:57 am - Togo
If you have sleep apnea be sure to bring your cpap to the hospital with you. some doctors even want it in the surgery room when your in there. 

a couple of gossip magazines would be fun to read. You know those celebrity gossip mags.

And maybe a picture of a loved one to comfort you while your lying in that 'all white sterile' hospital setting.

Some fun books like connect the dots, or word search or puzzle books, etc.

when i had my rny i was hooked up to a drip that automaticly dispensed pain medicine in me. so i was in la la land watching t.v. most of the time. i absolutely fell in love with that preschoolers program called 'TellyTubbies'! it is amazing what pain medicine can get you to do! When i came off the pain medicine i couldn't beleive i thought that program was soooooo much fun to watch. lol.  

relax and enjoy. 

Most Active