Revision Information - RNY to ?

Katrina B.
on 12/17/08 7:50 am - Prestonsburg, KY
I have to chime in here...
Yes any surgery will work if U work it, however, surgeries also fail. Stuff happens, mechanical errors, etc.
Your surgeon is wise in saying they do work (duh!) but they also fail and at times are no fault of the patient.
Jarvis123
on 12/17/08 7:51 am
Boy, you aren't kidding coconut about bashing!...just read above. Although I will say that the vast majority are kind and supportive!
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 9:16 am, edited 12/18/08 1:19 am - Togo
Thanks Jarvis for your comment. I just take it with a grain of salt and move on. I have read posts here that were informative and helpful. But there are a lot of really angry people on this forum too. And they love to hide behind their computers and pick at other women here. It's small mindedness.Trashy.

There are other forums where the women are positive and success abounds with their surgeries.

I try to get what I can from each and throw the rest aside.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 1:21 am - Togo
oops. sorry.
Jarvis123
on 12/18/08 10:57 am
Coconut,
Thanks again for your support.  I just don't understand some people....and like you, I need to try not to and just move on.
All my best to you,
Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/08 12:44 am - AZ
On December 14, 2008 at 12:32 PM Pacific Time, Beautywithin wrote:
I am looking into getting a revision. I haven't decided which route to go. I want any and all information from people who have had a revision from RNY to anything. I had the RNY in 2001 and have gained almost all of my original weight back. I would love to hear about all RNY revision stories. If you or anyone you know has had a revision please help me with your information and knowledge.

I noticed most revisions from RNY are to DS. Has anyone had a revision from RNY to Lap-band? Any feedback is appreciated.

Also, thinking about getting a revision in Mexico because of the cost difference.

I hate banding.

With that said I have to say that there are quite a few successful RNY folks that revised to a band.  They don't seem to have near the problems of non RNY folks getting a band.

You mentioned Mexico.  Mexico has some really great surgeons and some really horrible butchers, just like the US.  You can't go to just anyone for surgery and especially a revision.  There are only two surgeons I would go to for such a revision.  My suggestion is to read my profile, at the bottom of my profile is help in researching a Mexican surgeon.

Make sure they are FACS,

Make sure they work out of a hospital and not a clinic,

Make sure they do all the popular procedures, not just banding.  Not just bypass, not just sleeves.  Make sure they do them all.  Some doctors can do the easier procedures but they can't do anything extra difficult.  That is not the surgeon you want,

DON'T shop by price, shop by skill,

Location... some areas of Mexico are just flat out dangerous right now, some areas are very safe so know where you are going and if it is a safe location,

Make sure they do appropriate pre and post op testing,

Avoid Betancourt, Emmanual, Pompa, Almanza, Contreras, <--All from the same "clinic").  Avoid Huacuz.

Know what kind of follow up they provide.  Emmanual will only let you talk to the coordinator after surgery.  If you have a problem you have to go through her, she's here in the US.  She's a hair stylist, not a medical professional.  You will be told that you won't be following up with the doctors, only the hair stylist. ;o)   They forget to mention that her education is in hair, not medicine.

Do your research.  Please, read the end of my profile as it will give you details to look for and ask for.

Most Active