surgeon willing to do DS??

jeanyjane
on 12/15/08 5:27 am - Germany
According to her profile, she had a pre-surgery BMI of 31.8, and didn`t qualify for any WLS procedure in the first place. I know there are many surgeons in the US and in Mexico who do a lapband or sleeve on someone with a BMI far under 35, but a DS?!
goodkel
on 12/15/08 7:11 pm
If you qualify for *any* WLS, you qualify for the DS.

Just because you only have a couple of miles to go, there's no reason why you can't travel in a Cadillac.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

JanelG
on 12/15/08 9:29 pm - Canada
thanks everyone for your comments and concerns.  I know...I AM obsessed, and it is radical to do such a big surgery for a bit of weight loss.  I did talk my surgeon into doing the VSG on me, with such a low BMI.  I posted the same question on the DS forum and got all negative comments....to the point I wish I could erase the post!
This forum I guess is a bit more understanding....I paid for my VSG, and no, I am not rich by ANY means.  But to me it was worth it. Sure, I can loose 10, 15 or 20 lbs on my own, but I was yo-yoing for the last 20 years and I was SICK of it!!  I wanted a long-term solution, and my expectations were too high for the VSG!  I thought I would never have to diet again!  Go onto the VSG page...all you read is how great and wonderful it is.  And my surgeon did give me the facts, but I wouldn't listen and I thought this would be a life-long solution.  I just wish I did the 2-parts together, because after a year, the restriction is gone, and you can count on the malabsorption (not too much though).  So, that's it.  Call me selfish, but boob-jobs and tummy tucks are BIG surgeries with risks too, and people buy those daily, so why can't I??  I am healthier to undergo surgery then most!!
Elizabeth N.
on 12/16/08 1:42 am - Burlington County, NJ
What do you mean, "you can count on the malabsorption (not too much though)"? DS malabsorption is there FOREVER.

You are being a fool to compare the DS to a boob job. Please grow a clue.
JanelG
on 12/16/08 1:59 am - Canada
what I meant was (if you read the prior posts above) that the level of malabsorption can be adjusted to each individual, and some experience too much malabsorption and underweight...so I was just saying I wouldn't want to overshoot and be too thin!
I know the risks with DS, and I am sure they make you sign a waver prior to surgery.  So yes, I do have a clue.  But thanks for the comment.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/16/08 2:31 am - Burlington County, NJ
It's time for you to learn to live with 20 excess pounds. Therapy would be a good idea.
janeel1
on 12/15/08 10:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I understand what you mean.  I had an RNY on Feb 1, 2006.  I have only lost about 42 lbs total and that was the most I've lost and that's been since 8 months out.  I've maintained my weight all of this time, but I still need to loose about 40 more lbs.  I am still considered obese.  So I too am wondering if I can get revision due to me still being obese and still having my medical conditions present still.

Most Active