NEED A DOC FOR REVISION SURGERY IN HOUSTON

Deanna C.
on 12/11/08 6:09 am - Manvel, TX

Hello.  I had the Rouxen Y Gastric Bypass in 2006.  I never lost all of my weight and have even regained some.  I want to look  into having a revision from the Bypass to the Duendol Switch.  I live in the Houston area.  Does any know of a surgeon in the Houston area that does this type of revision?  I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you,
Deanna

lauralisi
on 12/11/08 11:04 am - Dona Ana, NM
Hi, Deanna,

I'm in a similar situation, so "I feel your pain".  We need an experienced revision surgeon to switch us to the DS.  Not every surgeon who does the DS will do a revision to a DS from another wls. There are none in the Houston area.  I wish there were.  I have family there with whom I could stay! 
The duodenal switch forum of this board has a lot of info on this predicament.  dsfactcs.com also has info.  Pm me for further info.  Good luck to you!
Deanna C.
on 12/11/08 8:26 pm - Manvel, TX
Good Morning Lauralisi!

Thanks so much for your reply.  I'll check out the info you sent me.  I'm going to be doing some more research.  Anything I find out, I will let you know.  Good luck to you as well!  I'll talk to you soon!
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/08 11:22 pm, edited 12/11/08 11:22 pm - Togo

oops

ggmichael
on 12/14/08 8:04 am
What about Dr. Spiegel?
Kathy H.
on 12/14/08 2:12 pm - Kent, WA
there is a post on the DS forum that I'd like to point you to. I'm not sure if this link will work, or it it'll just take you to my account password page.. ~laughing~

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/action,replies/board_id,5357/cat_id,4957/topic_id,3808137/a,messageboard/

If that doesn't work, you'll need to search for this post:

List of DS Surgeons Performing/Not Performing Revisions posted by "Vicki" on
Deanna C.
on 12/15/08 8:39 pm - Manvel, TX
Thank you so much for the information.  I'll start researching it today.  Have a great day!
Kathy H.
on 12/14/08 2:16 pm - Kent, WA
I also suggest you look at duodenalswitch.com for a list of DS surgeons. Be sure to ask on the DS board ... you'll hear the same names over and over again. Surgeons gain a reputation pretty quickly, and this site is a great resource, but it's NOT the only source. The site mentioned above will give you a list of surgeons that have gained a reputation for good work.

Match up the names you hear as good revision surgeons to those names found on the list at duodenalswitch.com, and begin your research from there.

and again... good luck!

Kathy
mrsedaddy
on 12/15/08 8:06 am - Spring, TX
Dr. Erik Wilson did my revision from a band to a VSG.  He's done revisions from the old school stapling to RNY's and DS's.  His profile has not been updated in sometime to reflect this, but I can tell you I am two weeks out from the VSG and doing well.  PM me if you want his information. 
Tough times don't build character, they reveal character.

SW (12.1.08):  310
CW: 210
GW (whenever God gets me there):  160ish

Deanna C.
on 12/15/08 8:40 pm - Manvel, TX
Thanks for the info.  I'll check out Dr. Wilson.  I'm glad everything is going well for you.  Good luck!
Most Active