Post Surgery Stockings

kimmy1026
on 12/11/08 5:45 am
Is anyone still wearing these after surgery. I had surgery on Monday the 8th and the nurse told me to continue wearing these until I see the doctor which will be Tuesday. The probelm is I have big legs and they are not comfortable and keep rolling down. I put them below the knees so it doesn't cut into my legs but they are still annoying and I don't read about anyone else wearing them. Please advise! I didn't wear these the first time. Also how long are you walking each time, I was instructed to do so 4 times a day but no time was given, just to build myself up to 2 miles in 6 weeks.
Nita S.
on 12/11/08 1:05 pm - Avondale, AZ
Call you Doctor, I took mine off at the hospital and never looked back.  I hated them, as I too have big legs and the only thing they did for me was to make my ankles swell.  good Luck.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

kimmy1026
on 12/12/08 1:46 am
Thanks for responding....when I called the doctor the nurse said well don't let them dig into your legs. I was like well even as knee highs they do, she just told me to where panty hose. I am wearing these until Tuesday when I see him and then off they go. I understand about the blood clot danger but I will increase walking if I need to. I did not have these the first time when I went home and I don't hear many people complain about them and trust me if they have big legs they would be unless mine are too small. lol
Most Active