DS WLS in Ohio

wings
on 12/10/08 11:59 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Does anyone know if Dr. Curry does DS switch surgery or do you know anyone else near Cincinnati or Columbus that does DS Switch.
Nunyo B.
on 12/11/08 12:50 am
Hi wings,

Please come over to the DS board.  We have a lot of Ohio people there and they should be able to help you with your revision question.  Good luck!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/
wings
on 12/12/08 11:02 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
I gong there right now lol
Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/08 11:23 pm, edited 12/11/08 11:23 pm - Togo

ooops

G
on 12/15/08 10:13 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I had lapband by Dr. Curry in Dec 05 that didn't work at all.  I ended up 15 lbs heavier 2 years later than I was when I had the lapband surgery.  I asked Dr. Curry about a revision but he didn't seem interested in even discussing it.

I found Dr. Maguire in Dayton through some of the folks on the DS messageboard.  He did my revision to DS in Dec. 07 and I have since lost 90 lbs and am only about 15 lbs from my goal.  He is a wonderful surgeon and his staff are the best.  You can find him listed on www.duodenialswitch.com or look up Premier Bariatric Associates in Dayton.  His office is at the Miami Valley Hospital and is very convenient to get to from Cincinnati.

Good luck.

Surgery Date 12/18/07   Ht 5'7"  SW 268/ CW 179 / GW 160 

wings
on 12/15/08 10:33 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Gee thanks
I am supposed to see Dr. Curry today to discuss my options with him but he does not do DS and one of the girls in the office that I talked to yesterday wants to wait to call the insurance for coverage cause she needs a code to find out if I am covered.  The one thing that bothered me was she said having another surgery was not a revision.  The hell it isn't I want revised from lap band to DS WTF, sorry I am ticked off right now and should not take this out on anyone.  She said unless I have slipped or eroded than I don't need another surgery and insurance probably would not cover that.  Wow they really don't like DS there.  I am going to check out Maguire right now and I am going to call his office cause I was in MVH 6 years ago when I was airlifted there from being in serious car accident.  I had a severe head injury and they treated me like gold.  I was impressed with MVH. 
Thanks again
Wings
P.S. PM me please I would like to talk to cause you were a DR. C pt.
Most Active