Revision on Monday home today!

kimmy1026
on 12/10/08 8:03 am

Well everything went well on Monday! I thank God for that and my surgeon. The first couple of days were rough but today much better. I am on clear liquids for 3 weeks. Wow! I don't remember that from first surgery but I will do what I'm told. I did have to go home with a drain that will be removed on Tuesday at office (yikes) I know that will hurt!!

I will update more later because I am sleepy. Thanks to all that prayed for me!

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 8:53 am - Phx, AZ
Good for you.  I am 3 weeks out from my revision.  I, too, was afraid that the drain removal would hurt...  but my surgeon just pulled it out FAST, and I didn't even feel it.  Good thing, because I became a BABY after surgery and was terrified of it all.....

hang in there...
Ruth A.
on 12/10/08 3:41 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Lizzie

good to hear you are doing well too.  What revision surgery did you have?  Looking forward to hearing from both of you as to how your experience is...

Ruth
kimmy1026
on 12/10/08 9:12 pm
What did you eat. My doctor have me on clear liquids for 3 weeks but all I can think is broth, popsicles and sf jello.
Is there any other choices? How did you do on this stage? I am not hungry but I do think about food and wonder how I will last for 3 weeks.lol.
As for this drain I get it out on Tuesday and I can't wait but I hope he pulls it out really fast. Have you lost any weight yet?
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/08 12:35 am - Phx, AZ
I have to admit, I am having a bit of a time of it w/food and gas... sometimes I can't eat much because of the pressure... But I have gotten some GREAT advice from JRinAZ...(and others) she is SO sweet and helpful!!!  I couldn't do this without the help of revioneers on this site. 

RE the drain... I asked my surgeon to tie one end to the doorknob and slam the door.....  he just sort of looked at me... but I really wanted it out FAST.  He was quicker than the door, I must admit!  ha ha. 

I am down 19 lbs so far, but that is due to a week of liquids and subsequent experimenting with what in the world do I eat?? 

YOu'll do good.
Ruth A.
on 12/10/08 3:40 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Good to hear all went well and that you are recovering.

Take care and big hugs.  Give yourself lots of TLC

Ruth
kimmy1026
on 12/10/08 9:17 pm
Thanks Ruth!

I have 6 kids so as soon as I walked in the door the madness started. I need to get some grocery shopping done, so I am hoping someone asks me if they can do something for me. Also I am having trouble finding a place to walk. My downstairs is not that big, most of my space is upstairs but wasn't sure I should be climbing stairs. I do still get up every 2-3 hours just because of discomfort.
Ruth A.
on 12/11/08 5:57 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
6 KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness!  I wouldn't worry about walking...you'll be up and down like a yoyo if my one daughter is anything to go by haha. 

I hope they take good care of you
amistique569
on 12/10/08 11:17 pm - Clinton, NC
Kimmy, please tell me how long after your initial gastric did you go for revision. I'm 3yrs out and have gained back almost 40lbs. I'm desperate for help; however, my surgeon doesn't do revisions and offers no solutions other than a $200 nutritional class. What a joke. I've located a Dr. a few hrs from me that advertises revisions. Was it difficult to get your insurance to approve it? Thanks for any advice and help.
Cheryle
kimmy1026
on 12/11/08 4:36 am
Cheryle

I live in the Dallas area. I went to see Dr. Alexander to discuss the weight gain and some abdominal discomfort. He scheduled an EGD and found that my pouch had grown and created another stomach in my intestines, now this all happened last week so I may not be explaining it correctly. From what I understand it was medical need, I was approved the next day. He did a revision and corrected the problem. I had gained back about 25 pounds total. I understand how you feel. I would call different doctors in your area and find one that does revisions. I didn't spend a lot of time looking for one. I am now wondering if I did the right thing. I am grateful, it just all happened so fast and I am a planner. I wish you all the luck finding somone who can help you. In the meantime, I would just start doing some walking and cutting back on the high calorie foods. I had a very hard time with this so I know it is not easy. Let me know how you are doing.
Oh to answer your question my initial bypass was September 1, 2005.
Most Active