Cross Post From VSG Board - Getting Revision on Monday

Helana R
on 12/10/08 11:48 am - Kansas City, KS
Hello everyone!!!  My name is Helana and I got the Lapband 11/20/06.  I started out at a VERY high BMI (62) and did extremely well with my Lapband.  LOVED IT!!!  At my highest loss I had lost 190 lbs.  Then things went wrong.  I had a couple complete unfills due to pouch dialation that has now become a full blown slip.  I was completely self pay (due to an exclusion from my employer in the insurance ryder) and they still refuse to pay for removal of lapband let alone a revision surgery....so I'm self pay again with still oweing about $5500 on my original surgery. Anyway.....in the last 7 months I've gained 40 lbs back....I almost completely stopped working out (was working out about 2-3 hours a day), had several deaths of family & friends, got on some depression medication and have gone to hell....lol  Made the decision with my family & doctor to have the sleeve done.  I'm scheduled for surgery to remove my band and convert to the sleeve this Monday (depending on outcome of my bloodwork & EKG tomorrow).  I can't wait to get back on the wagon again!!!  I still have about 75-100 lbs to lose before plastics and want to get started!!!!  I will probably be bothering you ALL with questions during the next few weeks and just wanted to introduce myself and let you know where I"m coming from.  Thanks for reading!!!!

****I am NO band basher....just didn't work out.  I am GRATEFUL for having it and gaining my life back...now it's just time to finish up my journey with a new tool***

kadfjhsdh.gif image by redhd76

JRinAZ
on 12/10/08 11:39 pm - Layton, UT
Helana!  AMAZING weight loss with ANY type of surgery but you especially repreZENted the band well!  If you can be that successful with all the "band" discipline required then you'll do incredibly well with your revision!  Best wishes!  Your 2nd chance will be the golden ticket!!!

LOSER'S ROCK!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Zee Starrlite
on 12/11/08 1:47 am
You've done amazing Helana!!!

I wish well with your revision to the VSG - you'll finish the WL job off for sure!

God Bless,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active