Yes Yes Yes--You can put a lapband around a stoma after RNY

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 11:05 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
You really can do this.  Daisy
happy girl
on 12/9/08 11:29 am
did someone say it wasn't possible?  My cousin had this done 6 months ago She's doing great too

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 11:42 pm, edited 12/9/08 11:44 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
  Time and time again people post about Restore, Rose and Stomaphyx failure.  I mention the lapband  and they say they have never heard of this.  Daisy
happy girl
on 12/10/08 1:29 am
oh ok.  Just wondering

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

PekinSal
on 12/10/08 6:49 am - UK
And then all the unhappy and ex-bandsters will tell you to be very sure that's the right thing to do!

DS revision from failed lapband

Katrina B.
on 12/10/08 7:41 am - Prestonsburg, KY
You definitely can do this......but why would anyone want to?
It would be a down grade in my book.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 11:04 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
My stoma was 25 mm when I had the Restore procedure last year.  The Restore procedure 6 months out and was 16mm.  I just can eat so very much.  For example I had a whole chicken breast and 1/2 c mashed potatoes for dinner.  I waited a while and really needed to eat more food.  I was STILL hungry.  I didn't crave junk I just wanted more food.  I ate a whole crunchy cucumber and then finally felt satisfied.  When I am out I eat junk food (I tolerate all foods) and they usually aren't healthy.  When I am on vacation for a week I gain 5 lbs easily (not including the water weight that comes off easily).  Then I diet for a month to lose the 5 lbs.  Then something else comes up and so I am still yo-yo dieting.  I wish I had been able to get a lap band last year but I was told it could not be done.  Daisy
Katrina B.
on 12/10/08 11:50 am - Prestonsburg, KY
I can see your dilemma.
I am the same way. I can eat a good healthy dinner and still be hungry or be hungry an hour later. And I gain weight so easily.
Is it 3500 cals. to add a pound? I feel like it can be done now on about 1800 cals. *sigh* I shoulda had a DS.
ericia S.
on 12/15/08 10:53 am - stockton, CA
after you have gastric bypass you can gain weight by eating 1800cal?
Heaviest 385 / Starting 382/Pre op 304/ Current 203/My Goal 170

i gained 43lbs after 2 1/2 year out by eating poarly but now i am on a whole new journey to lose the weight plus more for good!

Katrina B.
on 12/15/08 12:12 pm - Prestonsburg, KY
That's not a proven fact, by any means.
For me, it is truth. I have to be SOOO careful.
My metabolism just isn't right or something because of the easy weight gain.
Most Active