ENDOSCOPIC REVISION PROCEDURES QUESTION

lauralisi
on 12/11/08 11:08 am - Dona Ana, NM
I had the stomaphyX and all I lost was $8,000.00
reenieb
on 12/11/08 9:48 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with

Ah, Laura, I really feel your pain - I refer to the stomaphyx as the stmaphail - but surgeons are making a fortune off of our desperation... M.

loser123
on 12/20/08 1:20 pm, edited 12/20/08 1:20 pm - Acworth, GA

I can't give you true results yet as I just had endoscopic sclerotherapy done on friday. 

Let me give you some history.  In Jan of 03 I had an RNY (laproscopic) and by July 07 I was down to 149.  At that point I started gaining........... and I know it was mostly becuase of my eating habits.  I was eating too much fast food and not working out like I had before.  I also had some emotional eating going on, due to a pregnancy lost.   I've always been an emotional eater. :(

Moving forward, I had an appointment with my Surgeon earlier this month ( I weighed in at 184) and he recommeded the endoscopic sclerotherapy procedure.  This past Friday was my surgery date.  I feel pretty good right now and am having just a tiny bit of pain/discomfort (nothing can compare to c-sections, gastric bypass, and a tummy tuck - lol).   

I will tell you, I am worried about the all liquid diet (1 week of clear liquids, 2nd week of liquid) and gaining back when I start to eat real food - I mean who wouldn't loose weight on that?  I am however using this as a tool to readjust my thinking and my actions.  I didn't follow all the rules post RNY.  I would drink with meals, I would eat sugar/candies, I slowly introduced sodas back into my life, I focused on carbs more than protein.... the list could go on and on.  I take 100% blame for my regain.  I am going to fight tooth and nail to get this last 40 - 50 pounds off and keep it off.  I'm using these 2 weeks as kind of a detoxing period.......... eliminating ALL sugar, eliminating ALL the sodas, getting back into my exercising routine and maybe most importantly getting back to the boards here and local support groups.   

I know this procedure isn't the magical answer but I feel like it's the extra little help I need to get going again.  Thankfully insurance paid all but $150 so it really seemed worth the shot to me. 

I wish you all the best and much success.  I'm here to lend an ear and support you in anyway I can.  WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!  We have come so far, WE DESERVE to be healthy!!! 

reenieb
on 12/21/08 3:11 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Best of luck to you, Elizabeth, and thank you for your honesty! I believe that 99% of our weight regain is absolutely attributable to the choices we make - moving back into sloppy eating (crap food), letting go of exercise in our daily living - just slopping living. It's easier to eat crap and not work out (why, I'm still trying to understand) thank it is to eat healthy, good tasting foods in moderation and enjoy moving our bodies so that we work up a sweat and burn calories, build strength, and tone muscles! Go figure. Anyway, thank you for this - and I would LOVE to know how you're doing with this procedure - please stay in touch, ok? Maureen
Most Active