What was the one thing that started your thoughts to do a revision

wings
on 12/10/08 6:55 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Cute lol.
Zee Starrlite
on 12/10/08 1:01 am
500 calories and you are exercising . . . you better be super thin after 3 years of doing this!!!

Bandsters should eat in the 1500 calorie range.  No wonder why you are unhappy - 500 calories per day would give me good cause to take myself out. 

At this point, if you are underweight, you wouldn't qualify for a revision. Why don't you get your band loosened so that you can eat more AND so you won't feel weak physically AND emotionally miserable.  You should be feeling good.

Now if you aren't thin and have been eating a mere 500 calories for the past 3+ years PLUS exercising regularly, you should get revised to a WLS with malabsorbany because your metabolic system is broken.  If this is the case, consider the Duodenal Switch.

Good Luck,
Leila

Please eat more - you are starven' yourself!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

wings
on 12/10/08 7:03 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
I do excercise and sometimes stay at 500 to 600 cal per then I slip into the slider soft food mode and consume more calories.  I am a person that will stick to what is consistent no matter how hard it is.  I get up everymorning and walk anverage of 3.5 to 4 miles with choice.  When eat very little I get weak.  I would stay at 500 cal per if I felt full, energetic and satisfied which is what happens with other WLS's.  The band is fickle but it does work.  For some reason mine just shuts off my intake completely and I don't get anything for a while.  I get unfilled then I can eat a house.  Something is really screwed up.  My surgery however was good, band placement is still good.  My pouch is not streched out according to the floroscope so I really don't know what is wrong.  I stay on protien shakes for long periods of time but everything gets old when you do the same thing all the time.  I am human I would like to be able to eat even if it is just one to bites, which makes me very happy.  I like restriction not malnurishment.  Heck I was so malnurished after being sut of for 8-months and fairly dehydrated but I did not loose or gain any wt during that time, (Go figure lol).  Starvation mode is not good. 
Thanks for you support.
Wings
Zee Starrlite
on 12/10/08 11:21 pm, edited 12/10/08 11:24 pm
Wings, something is wrong!

You really should get loosened up a bit so that you can eat.  You are saying that you "didn't lose or gain any weight during that time"  A time of protein shakes . . .

And then you say "sometimes" stay at the 500 to 600 cal then you slip in slider soft foods and consume more calories.

The point to take on for true success is accountability and balance AND CONSISTENCY.

Lets help each other, you can get this right!!!  Don't jump into a revision until you try with all your might to get this right.  I want to say again that you should not starve yourself and you should not be starving yourself - that is no life to live.

Where are you in terms of your weight loss?

I go to Weigh****chers and it has helped me have tremendous success this year - if you'd be interested, you'd have to loosen your band so that you could actually feed your body good nutritious food.  At WW , I write my daily intake in my journal and follow my points, I weigh in every Sat morning, and I've found a wonderfully supportive group and group leader.

It took me forever to fly with my band (I had a very difficult journey).  I had a revision in the can - I was about to give up and then it all worked out on that one last shot.

PM me if you think you'd like for us to help each other on this journey.

Much Love, Peace, & Harmony,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

wings
on 12/11/08 3:52 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Yep I am completely out of line, off the track, derailed etc.  who knows what the heck is going on but I will not set and take this too lightly for long.  I am pouting and praying right now.  I will get up again.  This fight is long from being over.
Thanks Wings
JRinAZ
on 12/11/08 5:54 am - Layton, UT
On December 11, 2008 at 11:52 AM Pacific Time, wings wrote:
Yep I am completely out of line, off the track, derailed etc.  who knows what the heck is going on but I will not set and take this too lightly for long.  I am pouting and praying right now.  I will get up again.  This fight is long from being over.
Thanks Wings

FIGHT Wings!!!!

Boxing        Screamer      Slugger 1

You will be a winner before you know it!!!

Oscar Red Carpet 1

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

wings
on 12/11/08 6:17 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
I AM FIGHTING LIKE HELL,  I am just wearing down and need a jump start.
Wings
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 11:39 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
I had a rny.  The second day after surgery I ate 3 oz of pureed food and my husband and I knew there was a problem.  We had watched 3 friends not be able to drink sips for a week after the surgery.  Actually sometimes they could not swallow their own saliva.  Daisy
wings
on 12/10/08 12:05 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Yep, I have been there a lot.  I really thought restriction would work for and it did for the first 2-years.  I was so happy now I cry and I am depressed cause too me it feels like I have been on a very long diet and like always will gain it all back plus.  I am looking at the DS but I want to talk with Dr. Curry first about different options.  I really truse him and I think he knows that I have worked hard at this. 
SHEILA4
on 12/11/08 7:42 am - NEWTON, TX
HELLO MY NAME IS SHEILA AND I AM WANTING TO HAVE THE LAP-BAND AND IT WILL BE A REVISION FROM STOMACHE STAPPLING.....I NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS ..
Most Active