How long after ROSE or Stomaphyx can you fly?

catbert
on 12/8/08 6:29 am - MN
I'm having the ROSE procedure done for the second time (first one failed) and I am planning on flying home the next day within 24 hours after the procedure.

Does anyone have any news about if 24 hours is safe?
Debbie D.
on 12/8/08 7:39 am
WHAT!!!! Your first one failed why? Im scheduled next week for the rose,I have faith in my DR. but that kind of news makes me ........speachless.
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/08 8:40 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Did you know they can put a lapband over your pouch.  That can't fail.  Daisy
pepsi98
on 12/8/08 9:21 am - Norwich, CT
On December 8, 2008 at 4:40 PM Pacific Time, daisy0475 wrote:
Did you know they can put a lapband over your pouch.  That can't fail.  Daisy
I had stomaphyx in 2/08 and had no restriction after the post op liquid phase.  I am scheduled for a lap band over my old bypass on Wednesday!!

I am excited and nervous at the same time!  I would NEVER do the stompahyx again.  Is your insurance paying?  If they are, you should think long and hard because if stomaphyx fails again (which is a good probability) you may have trouble getting the insurance to pay for a lap band or revision...they may deny you by saying that this is your 3rd attempt and refuse to pay.  I of course don't know thisw for sure, but it makes sense to me.

Good luck!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

catbert
on 12/9/08 3:45 am - MN
I was looking for a less evasive procedure and found it in the ROSE.  They are doing studies all over the US and in the one particular study in Ohio, only 2 people the procedure failed.  Everyone else lost 12-24 pounds in their first month.  USGI the makers of the equipment have revised the equipment and I will be getting the re-do with the new equipment on Friday.  i'll keep you updated.  I'm sure yours will go fine.  Just make sure they are not shy when it comes to putting in the number of anchors in the pouch and around the stoma.  more is better, because stomach linings do stretch.
Most Active