Large Stomach Opening??

nelbelle
on 12/7/08 3:10 am - Honolulu, HI
 I had an endoscopy done on Friday by a GI to see if I had internal bleeding because of my low iron levels.  As it turns out, my GI said everything looked fine.  She did say I had a large stomach opening which could be why I can eat large amounts of food.  She said I still had a small pouch.  However, she doesn't know much about gastric bypass anyway....

She told me this after I was coming out of sedation so I didn't get to talk to her very much.  I don't know if she meant a large opening to the inlet or the outlet of the stomach.  I have a follow up appointment next week.  Has anyone heard of this?  I tried to google it but I haven't come up with much.  
Lorie2
on 12/7/08 6:35 am
Hi
I also had an endoscopy. It showed a small pouch but an enlarged opening,
what they actually mean is the opening going out of the pouch is stretched. Food doesn't stay in the pouch very long. I am now looking into getting a revision because of weight gain. I am looking into the stomaphyx procedure or something else like a DS. My Iron levels were also very low, I now take one or two iron pills a day. It has helped me, I don't feel as tired. I hope this helps you in some way. Good luck!
Lori
Most Active