Has anyone had a revision at Pine Creek in Dallas?

kimmy1026
on 12/6/08 9:33 pm
I had my first surgery 3 years this past September. I started at 275 and my lowest weight was 180. Now I am 215. My doctor did an EGD and said the first surgery was not done correctly and that is why I stopped losing. He did not give me much information and now I go in tomorrow for the surgery. I don't really know what to expect. I am guessing it will be like the 1st surgery. I hope I don't have complications. I live in Arlington  and had my first surgery here so I have never been to Pine Creek or heard about it. All I know is my surgeon is one of the best and the hospital is private and 3 years old.

Please if anyone has advice share with me. I feel so lost but I want this done.
Ruth A.
on 12/7/08 4:55 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Sorry, I didn't have revision or any surgury at PIne Creek, but just anted to say all the best and I'm sure all will be well.  Where abouts in Dallas is it?  I used to live there.

Please let us know how you get on...look foward to reading your update

hugs, Ruth
kimmy1026
on 12/7/08 3:00 pm
It is off of Harry Hines in Dallas. I went there for my pre-op and it was really nice. I will be all by myself, my husband didn't feel it important enough to take off work. The nurses are aware and will be waiting on me so I feel ok about it.
The only thing I am sort of worried about is I took the bowel prep but have not gone to cleanse yet. I feel almost ready but I could only take half the huge gallon. I hope that don't hurt me. Well thanks for responding and I will be updating once I am home on Wednesday hopefully!!!!
Ruth A.
on 12/7/08 3:50 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Big big hugs, and I'm sure the nurses will take good care fo you and give you lots of tlc knowing your hubbie isn't there.  I can relate to that, my hubbie did the same thing to me when I had surgery for cancer!

Ruth
kimmy1026
on 12/7/08 7:46 pm
my surgery is for the rouen y gastric bypass. I guess something was all messed up in there. Funny but everything happened so fast  I didn't get to really find out what exactly he is doing except that it is a revision.
ShayZ
on 12/8/08 12:32 pm - Somewhere, TX
On December 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM Pacific Time, kimmy1026 wrote:
It is off of Harry Hines in Dallas. I went there for my pre-op and it was really nice. I will be all by myself, my husband didn't feel it important enough to take off work. The nurses are aware and will be waiting on me so I feel ok about it.
The only thing I am sort of worried about is I took the bowel prep but have not gone to cleanse yet. I feel almost ready but I could only take half the huge gallon. I hope that don't hurt me. Well thanks for responding and I will be updating once I am home on Wednesday hopefully!!!!
I hope you don't mind me asking but who is the surgeon and what is he planning on doing?  I am fairly new to DFW and would like more info please.
Ruth A.
on 12/7/08 3:51 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Sorry, forgot to ask what revision you are having????
Most Active