After praying and praying...

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 12/5/08 12:14 am - Miami, FL
I have received confirmation that my surgery date is a blessing and I should take back what the enemy has stolen from me.  With that said, I not only have decided to go through with the surgery, I received a call this morning from the dr's office moving my date from Dec. 30  to the Dec. 22. 

I would also like to thank everyone who thought it not selfish to share their experience with me and gave words of encouragement!  I'm to start my  liquid diet tomorrow - gotta pick up shakes to day form dr's office.   Please pray with me that I have an uneventful journey to the loser's bench!
Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

Monique H.
on 12/5/08 1:06 am
you pray for me and I'll pray for you. I got my date for Jan. 13 and I'm afraid. After the fighting and waiting and waiting it is going to happen and I need all the prayers I can get. I haven't been on in two months due to being sick and in and out of the hospital so I don't know what you've been going through. All I know is that I will be praying for you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 12/5/08 1:49 am - Miami, FL

That I will, in fact I am sending up a little timber as we speak.  "Everything works together for the good of those who love the Lord."  Be encourage and stay prayed up, 2009 is the year of devine intervention.

MARCIAM
on 12/5/08 11:03 am - Sayville, NY
May both of you have a wonderful surgery and an uneventful recovery...

Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 12:16 pm - Mesquite, TX
How do u know when the Lord is telling u yes or no? I have many reasons for asking this.
Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 12/5/08 7:41 pm - Miami, FL
For me, there is a soft voice that speaks volumes within me and brings a sudden calmness during turmoil.  Having a close relationship with the Holy Trinity, you can ask anything in the precious name of JESUS and be assured that He will answer

When I need a yes/no response, I wait and see if the pieces of my puzzle fall together - ex. Does things seem to work themselves out after you've exhausted all options? If so, this is the Will of God; if not, then it is not in His Will so except it and move on. 

Remember: God is our heavenly "Father" and He knows when we are sincere and committed to Him and to that which we are asking.

Sometimes, you don't get a direct yes or no, but a simple wait.  This is because either you may not be ready to receive what God has in store and/or He is preparing the way before you.  Either way, just faith (believing that what you cannot see will eventually come into plain sight) knowing that "ALL THINGS work together for the good of those who love the Lord."

Monique H.
on 12/10/08 5:42 am
I just wanted to say AMEN to the sermon you just preached above.   I also wanted to add that when I pray I ask the Lord to just plain and simple to not let it happen if it isn't for me. Or I pray to please let His will be done in the situation. It seems like every time I pray that He allows it to happen and also adds on extras for me meaning, He sets me up for another blessing besides the one He just gave me. So stay encouraged cause he can and will work it out.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
ladydi1970
on 12/7/08 9:55 am - GA
For me...it's when everything goes smoothly, when everything falls right in to place and there is no fighting for what you want.

However, sometimes if you have to fight, and it comes out in your favor, that's his way of making it easier for someone else behind you.  That you are "plowing the row" for others.  And he picked YOU to do that, because he knows you're strong and can get it done.

That sounds contradicting huh?  Yeah, you are right. 

Hey....I am NOT a very religious person, but my bff is.  And about a month ago, I said a little prayer about the Doc I was first considering.  I said "Lord if this is what you want me to do, stop me, or let it go" and I swear...I heard, just as plain as day "Hold on, wait" and I thought, well alrighty then.  And then later I found Dr. Husted, and so far so good.

When I told my BFF this, she said "Girl, when he wants you to hear him, he WILL MAKE YOU HEAR HIM!"

I personally have never had that.  Wait...let me rephrase that, I personally have never LISTENED for that!

Good luck in your search.  Keep talking to him, he'll answer, I promise!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 10:26 am - Mesquite, TX

Thanks!! That makes alot of sense!!

My_Time
on 12/9/08 8:01 am - Bangor, ME

Just a quick question.  What is a bff?
Good luck with the revision journey.  I am scheduled for 12/16 with Dr S at AZWeightloss Center.  I am very excited and of course nervous but confident 'Papa' has been with me all the way.
Carolyn

Most Active