i had my surgery feb 2000! and i want to get a revision!can someone tell me where to start?

mskay
on 12/3/08 7:28 pm, edited 12/3/08 7:30 pm - chicago, IL
i had the gastric bypass in maywood illinois and i have gained back 50 pounds i want to know whats the best revision to have after this i went from 292 to 155. and if anyone know the cost because i have medicaid and im not sure what surgeons here accept it. my old surgeon stop taking medicaid in 2001. and just in case i have to start saving up i want to know.
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 9:59 pm - Crofton, MD
I had my surgery 7/10/2006 and went from 446 pds to 275 pounds and now I am at 300 pounds. It is killing me because my husband and I are trying to have a baby and it's just not happening. I know I need to get some more weight down. I decided on a revision and was just wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone will read this and be able to help us. I am going to email my friends wls surgeon and see what steps I need to take to get a revision so maybe you should look into a surgeon and go from there

Good Lucks and Best wishes to you
ginau
on 12/4/08 3:32 am - mesa, AZ
Girl

Call your ins and see if they cover gastric bypass revision ? find out what their  criteria is ..  and go from there ..     Aetna did for me. Start checking this site for Dr's in your area who do Revisions.  and the shopping begins. 

talk to people on  this site.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

runnergirl
on 12/3/08 11:12 pm - Canada
 Hi, I know what you mean, I am a revision too. I had my VBG 10 years ago, and lived the nightmare of regaining weight. The good news is revisions do work and the surgeries are better now than 10 years ago!! lol I chose the DS for my revision, and had to self pay , it was worth it. Lots of advice here on the boards check out all the profiles and ask lots of questions, My revision in Brazil was a little over 12 thousand Canadian, plus travel and hotel, So my total cost was around 16 thousand Canadian. Good luck,

Heather
tnwalkersu
on 12/4/08 1:21 pm - Somerville, TN
The best and last revision to get is the DS.   Nobody get a revision after DS because it is the best of both worlds.  ThinkTwice, Cut Once.  I got the band believing that it was the best out there.  Boy, was I wrong.  DS is the last and the best there is.  Surgery will run about 28000.00.  I have to get the insurance to pay.  And if they don't then I am looking into getting a job with good insurance that will pay for it.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

Most Active