There is hope!!!!

weightwatcher07
on 12/3/08 7:57 am - Dallas, TX

I had my surgery 8-11-08. I went for my three month check up and I have lost 51 pounds so far. I had an E-rny done. I originally had my  RNY surgery done in 2002 and never made it near goal. I am very pleased with Dr. Barker.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 8:13 am - Orlando, FL
are you doing the happy dance??

congrats on your loss and may you have continued success!!
Ruth A.
on 12/3/08 3:46 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Major congratulations on your success!!  May I ask if insurance paid, or you were self pay?  If so , how much did it cost?  I am looking into ERNY, and home town is Dallas, so I travel there regularly.  Are you willing to share any other details about your experience?  How does it feel now?

Thanks, Ruth
weightwatcher07
on 12/3/08 11:14 pm - Dallas, TX
My insurance covered it. I had to pay more this time out of pocket but it was worth it. I wish I had consulted a doctor when I first began to gain weight. I started gaining and got depressed and thought I was a failure and after they ran the test my first surgery didnt remove enough of my common channel and my pouch was still entact and working properly. I feel really well and I wish I would have gone earlier. Go to the doctor to find out why you are gaining there are many reasons so at least pin point the problem.

Good Luck
JROLFSON
on 12/4/08 3:24 am - St. George, UT
Wow sounds like your a real success now. If I could ask? what is the length of your common channel now that they did the Erny?

I too am researching this option and would like to know what that length needs to be to be successful.

Are you having any side affects from the ERNY?

Thanks so much.

JRolfson
weightwatcher07
on 12/7/08 3:25 am - Dallas, TX
I like the Erny but you also need to check the DS website because I am having terrible oil slicks and running to the bathroom. It is getting much better but if you would like you could email me [email protected] and I will tell  you the good and bad and the terrfic success.
PekinSal
on 12/7/08 4:07 am - UK
It's normal for DSers to have oil slicks as well - orange ones usually! This is usually a sign of 'too much' fat - too much being the point at which you get bored with running to the loo...

Try having lower fat protein for a bit, that should sort it out. Congratulations on your weight loss and successful revision - its really good to hear when people have gone for a second time round and its worked out.

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active