Smoking.....

lbaa
on 12/3/08 2:22 am - MA
How soon before surgeruy did you quit smoking?
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/08 1:56 pm - AZ
Hi Ibaa,

I would quit soon as you decide that you want to have any surgery. I use to be a big smoker back 20 years ago and I know it is a very hard thing to quit smoking. People discriminate against you because your obese and they do the same thing with smokers. I use to have chronic bronchitis back than. Everytime that I had a procedure or surgery done I always was real congestion in my lungs and had to have breathing treatments. I must have tried to quit a zillion times but could not do it my self. My mom got real sick with legionnaires disease which is a form of pneumonia and almost died. She came out of the hospital and said to us kids we had to quit smoking because of her bad lungs. We all did but I just could not do it on my own but I could do it for her, It was much easier because I felt guilty if I smoked around her. Try the nicotine patch or I think there is a medication your PCP could write for you. I hope you can quit smoking. Maybe if you had kids maybe you could quit for them and I think it would be easier for you. I wish you luck on your surgery. Please keep me posted because I care. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Dawn 
Most Active