High Blood Pressure

weightwatcher07
on 12/1/08 1:42 am - Dallas, TX
Has any one gotten  extremly high blood pressure after gastric bypass. I had high blood pressure now it is extremly high. I am under doctors care.
NeedhamGal
on 12/1/08 6:30 am - MA

I don't have extremely high BP, my bp is a few points above the normal. Now that my weight has dropped, they are thinking it is part genetics.

Just a fyi..your kidneys can cause high bp...remind your doc.  My father (the genetics) blood pressure was all over the place a few years ago.  They discovered he needed a stint put in his kidney to open the vessel.  this helped to even out his bpressure quite a bit.

Joan

Sis'ta "T" Bone
on 12/3/08 12:22 am - Miami, FL

This has not affected me; however, my sister had bypass 2 yrs ago and was recently hospitalized for the same condition.  At the time of admittance, her bp was 258 / 100.  She has been battling hypertension for many years, and had WLS for this same reason. 

I must admit, that she wasn't taking her meds like she should, but since her last scare- meds for both bp and her heart- she is faithful in doing so.  And yes, the doctors attributed it to genetics (both biological father and mother).

Please take care of yourself and your health along this journey!

Sis'ta Thick-Bone from Sunny So. FL
Believing that God's intentions are for us to prosper. (I Corr. 2:9)

Most Active