Coming back to OH with my head hanging low.

Ms S.
on 12/2/08 5:10 am, edited 12/3/08 2:46 am
RNY to DS conversion. I am 8mths post op and down 102lbs (from 286 to 184 so far) which is the smallest I've been in the 10+ yrs since my RNY. I am thrilled with my results and have no doubt that I'll make goal (personal goal is 135 - I don't recall my surgeons goal weight for me). 

There are those who lose faster and those who lose slower but factually speaking, you'll lose.  The RNY to DS conversion is the best thing that ever happened to me. Regarding the negativity of having the DS vs the RNY, pleeeeeese! There is no comparison (at least for me). I can eat what I want and still lose weight. I no longer diet though I probably should be watching my carbs. I have no feeling of deprivation - if I wanna eat it, I do and in a decent enough portion to feel satisfied but not gluttonous (sp?).  I am still losing and cannot believe it. I don't vomit anymore, I don't dump, if I want the cookie, I eat the cookie. 

And don't think of yourself as having failed. You will only have failed if you don't do your research and determine what is best for you. Only you know your mind, your body.  My personal *opinion* is the Lap over DS is not your best bet.

There are a ton of RNY to DS conversions out here...they'll come out soon enough! Good luck to you on your new journey...

runnergirl
on 12/4/08 9:51 am - Canada
 Hi ,
I am a revision from an old VBG to the DS. I am thrilled so far. I am only 9 weeks out but can eat more proteins than I could with my VBG because my stomach works now, I LOVE it!!!!! I had an easy recovery, read posts on all forums and ask all forums your questions, great people all over here!!! Good luck, it gets soooo much better.

Heather
Most Active