Low cost vitamin recommendations

tsa1560
on 11/30/08 2:05 pm - , TX
I am in the process of getting my Lapband taken out and RNY done due to severe reflux since I got the band.  My surgery date is 12/18-- Hurray!! 
I am in need of some suggestions on recommendations for vitamins taking price into consideration.

My Dr office recommends Bariatric Advantage which is great! I have used some of the vitamins before however I put my order together for everything I need and it was around $200 for 3 month supply. 

I am buying a new home and am trying to save $$. 

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 5:41 am - Phx, AZ
I went to buildingblocks.com... got their 3-mo supply for anywhere from $60-90.  I just bought mine...chewables for $90-ish for a 3-mo supply. 

Look there.
Deanne K.
on 12/1/08 11:51 pm - Tucson, AZ
The larger quantities of the Bariatric Advantage bottles you buy at a time, the cheaper you are.

What vitamins are they suggesting that you purchase?  We were taking with my original RNY
Multi
Iron
Calcium
B-12

I buy my calcium citrate from Sam's Club, it is far cheaper.  They are not chewable, but you should be able to handle them after a month or more out.
tsa1560
on 12/3/08 1:37 pm - , TX
Thank you for the recommendations!!
fortworthgal
on 12/4/08 1:28 pm - Fort Worth , TX
This is what I take:
Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin(3 month supply)
Bariatric Advantage Iron 29 MG (3 month supply)
Sublingual B-12 (you can find at Walgreens or CVS)
UpCal D calcium citrate. This comes in powder form in these little single serving packets.Each packet has 500 MG of calcium citrate plus D3. I mix it into my sugar free pudding.

So the total cost is really not that much..maybe $25.00 a month

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Most Active