Dr. Liza Pompas in T.J. Mexico???

Melissa L.
on 11/29/08 9:34 am - Garden Grove, CA
Anyone know anything that is good (& real) about this dr., she did my RNY GB over 6 months ago but I have never had restriction or lost any weight except initially during the liquids phase.  I want a revision, but if this dr. is not as competent as I was led to believe then I would like to look at finding the most experienced revision surgeon I can find. I would be self pay. Anyone know about Dr. Pompas or have recommendations for a great revision surgeon?

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 11:33 am, edited 11/29/08 11:34 am - AZ
I wonder if this doctor really did a RNY. I thought I had a RNY back in 1997. I got ripped off because We just found out the doctor only did a stomach stapling. I have good restriction. I had a revision of my gastric bypass on July 2,2008. I now have my intestine bypassed. I have lost 85 lbs. My revision surgeon is Dr Schlesinger. He is wonderful and really cares about his patients. He follows his patients pretty close. He can be reached at 480 419 2280. He even will talk with you if you have any questions. Check out Dr Schlesinger's ABC's of a revision. Type that in the search line on top of this page. If you have any questions you can PM me. Did you research this doctor in Mexico at all ? Did you talk to other patients of her's? Dr Schlesinger believes in 2nd chances. He conducts his own monthly group meetings and he will be able to do a teleconference calls for his out of state patients . He has alot of out of state patients. Dr Schlesinger does alot of revisions. I think he is the only one in AZ that does them. Good Luck and keep me posted. I just don't understand why you have not lost the weight yet.
mew6495
on 11/30/08 1:35 am - MI
 Melissa,

Good luck to you.  It must be very frustrating and worrisome to believe you did not get what you signed up for!

I agree with Dawn.  If you are willing to and can travel, Dr. Schlesinger is an excellent revision surgeon!  I would recommend him 100 times over.  I am one of his "out of town" patients and have hand nothing but the most wonderful care even since returning home across country!

There are many different types of revisions available today.  Be sure to do your homework and determine what fits best with your life style and tolerances.
Most Active