gastric bypass reversal

aleycat01
on 11/29/08 3:16 am - Glen Burnie, MD
I had gastric bypass on November 3. I want to reverse the surgery. Can someone give me a excellent surgeon name from Maryland and do you think the insurance will cover it?
pepsi98
on 11/29/08 3:33 am - Norwich, CT
On November 29, 2008 at 11:16 AM Pacific Time, aleycat01 wrote:
I had gastric bypass on November 3. I want to reverse the surgery. Can someone give me a excellent surgeon name from Maryland and do you think the insurance will cover it?
Why on earth would you want to reverse it 26 days after having it???!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

ginau
on 11/29/08 6:25 am - mesa, AZ
Some people  go through the "BUYERS REMORSE"   esp when they are firt out . WE all know the first few weeks are the hardest.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 4:25 am - Orlando, FL
did you have RNY? i  know lap bands can be removed, but everything else, as far as i know, ARE NOT reversible.

Are you going through a tough time?

speak up...let it out.  it can help if you talk about what's bothering you and having others offer some support.

ShayZ
on 11/30/08 1:29 am - Somewhere, TX
Actually most of the surgeries can be undone.  The only ones that I know of are where they remove your the larger portion of your stomach (for obvious reasons).  Gina is right we all go through a miserable period; allow yourself time to heal before making such drastic decision and while you are waiting for your physical scars to heal, think about seeing a counselor and try to get rid of some of those other scars some healing time.

Good luck and God Bless
Most Active