Has anyone used Isopure Protein Drink?

SheriAZ
on 11/29/08 8:35 am
I have to start my pre-surgery diet on Tuesday and I am looking for protein drinks. I remember a very good tasting kool-aid type drink that had loads of protein in it. While researching I came across Isopure and it has 40 grams of protein and comes in flavors like Blue Raspberry and Alpine Punch. Is anyone familiar with this one? I am thinking 40 grams could be so easy. I also saw something called a bullet that had lots of protein also in a compact 3 ounce pack that mixes with water. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated since I really am not fond of the Whey protein powders. They never seem to mix well and tend to taste grainy to me.

Thanks, Sheri
NeedhamGal
on 11/29/08 9:05 am - MA
pre surgery I used carnation,but post op I used the liquid isopure.
I am a band to rny conversion..and after the band surgery I couldn't handle the carnation (diarreah...that I couldn't even hold in-tmi-sorry) so post op this time I was prepared for a different type of protein. I found them to be ok. I chilled them and had them on ice. The nutritionist says to spread them out over the day for that is too much protein in short order. My nut had said not more than 8 oz of any liquid per hour during recovery.
I did the blue rasberry and the alpine punch.
Also, at GNC they sell liquid protein punch and that is good mixed into crystal light.
What I notice now since in NewEngland it is cold I am not looking to drink my crystal light as much -so put that in your planning if you want a warmer drink instead.
Good luck. Joan
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 10:26 am - Phx, AZ
Hi!  I am one week out from my revision/hernia surgery, and use Isopure.  I bought strawberry, because I love the taste...altho I will be getting some chocolate and vanilla to make other recipes. 

I make my strawberry shakes with milk, frozen strawberries, a bit of ice, and 2 T of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt.  It's pretty good...almost like ice cream to me. 

I didn't care for the liquid protein...made me wanna barf.

Best Wishes
ginau
on 11/30/08 12:26 am - mesa, AZ
Sheri

Did you try the matrix ??  I drink it like hot cocoa - Yummy   not  grainy  or icky taste

Isopure is pretty good - funky taste - drink it over lots of ice !!!

Vitalady.com  - you can order samples  of protein drinks , also a magic bullet helps !
Plus your taste will change again after surgery ...  be prepared - your going to have to try a few before you find one you like.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

CHRISTINE W.
on 12/2/08 2:17 am
I used Isopure Alpine Punch for my clear liquid stage. For pre-op and 2nd week of full liquids, i used Designer Whey brand chocolate shake. No funky taste and its granued so it mixes well.
sunrise
on 12/3/08 4:35 am - Riverbank, CA
Yes. Yes. & Yes! I LOVE these drinks. Personally, I favor the mango, banana/pineapple, and orange ones more, but will drink any of the Isopure protein drinks. I tried the bullets at two different times and forgot you needed to mix water - both times - not the best reaction.... : )

I will need a revision soon and am hoping to stock up on these pre-op.

Have fun with the flavors.

~Dawn
Sunrise

Most Active