best protein shake..... any advice?

Hazeleyes922
on 11/27/08 12:44 pm
I will have a revision to gstric bypass on 1/5/09. I would like your opinion about your experiences with protein shakes.  Which one, what flavor and most affordable.
Thank you!
mrsedaddy
on 11/27/08 2:35 pm - Spring, TX
I am being revised to the DS on Monday.  So far I have tried the Bariatric Advantage, Unjury and Champion Stack Whey protein.  I didn't like the Unjury, but I do like the other two.  I have heard that your taste can change after surgery, so don't stock up on too much.  Try to get samples and try a few, so you have a base line of what you like.

Good luck with your revision!!
Tough times don't build character, they reveal character.

SW (12.1.08):  310
CW: 210
GW (whenever God gets me there):  160ish

redprincess1973
on 11/28/08 5:55 am - Orange Park, FL
Me, personally - I make my own.  I have one of those "Magic Bullet" blenders.  I use:
* 1 banana
*  ice (I start with the ice and fill the large cylinder to half with ice)
*  2 oz. water
*  Splenda (1 packet) for sweetness (if you want it)
*  20g protein - Whey Protein powder (1 scoop)

Mix everything up in the blender for about 1.5 minutes - until the thickness is where you want it.  Then you are good to go. 

I find that the other protein drinks - Muscle Milk, Advantage, EAS - they are just too heavy for my system.  In making my own - which takes all of 3-5 minutes - works best for me and I love the taste.  Because I dump really easy - bananas work really well for me.  Any other kind of fruit I just can't do because of the natural fructose in them. 

Hope that helps:)

Heather
325 starting weight
114 - February, 2004
190 - July, 2008
157 - November, 2008
Open RNY - June, 2002
Tummy Tuck - May, 2003
Revision RNY - August, 2004 (gastro gastric fistula and erosion of marlex mesh at stoma)
Revision RNY - October, 2008 (pouch caught in diaphram curtain and hiatal hernia)
ginau
on 11/29/08 6:29 am - mesa, AZ
My Best advice to you ... check out VITALADY.Com

You can order samples of  protein to try out - before you buy an $$$ can.  Personally  I enjoy the Nectars and Matrix, I also  use GNC's . The  "click " is great if you like  expresso coffeee

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Christine D.
on 11/29/08 11:56 pm - WA
I personally LOVE Champion Whey protien shakes.  The newest flavor Cookies and Cream is the best.  I feel so guilty when I drink them.  I also love the orange Sunrise drinks they make.  I think thats the name anyways!  I use a scoop and a half to get 32 grams of protien.  How easy is that?  They also have a choclate that is great too.  Hey, I think they should pay me to advertise.  lol  You can get 5 lbs for $28.  (I think thats what I paid last)
   Good luck.
fortworthgal
on 12/4/08 1:43 pm - Fort Worth , TX
Slim Fast Low Carb is the best! 190 calories, 20 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, 7 grams of carbs. No messing with the blender and messy powder.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:33 pm - AZ
I'd check out:

www.netrition.com

They have everything.  I love that site, the prices are reasonable and shipping is only $4.95 regardless of how much you buy.

I like this one the best but ONLY in the Choco/PB flavor:

www4.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi

Or this one:

www4.netrition.com/syntrax_matrix_page.html

The chocolate is good, the Cookies and Cream is VERY sweet!  If you like sweet that's the one for you.

Most Active