NEED INFORMATION ON REVISION GASTRIC BYPASS

janeel1
on 11/26/08 2:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
I had surgery almost 3 years ago.  I have been at a stand still for about 2 years.  I was small to begin; however total, I only lost about 40 lbs overall.  I am very unsatisfied, still have presurgical health issues and very depressed.  What do you think could be done?  I'm trying to meet with my nutritionist now and see if they can help me with my way of eating or what have you.

Please give me some advise or instances where they would consider one for revisions.

Please advise.
Nita S.
on 11/26/08 5:43 am - Avondale, AZ
There are any number of reasons that a revision could be considered.  But before you do that take a look at everything you are eating and what exercise you are doing. Keep a journal and write down everything you eat for a week.  Then take a look and see if there are some problem areas.  If there are none, than talk to your surgeon and see what he or she recommends.  If you really are working your tool, than it should be working for you.  I just had my revision on Nov. 6Th and when my surgeon went in he said that I was not bypassed very far at all and my surgery was using pure restriction and after 5 years that went away and no matter how much I tried I could not get rid of the regain.  I hope you find out what you need, and if a revision is what it will take, than I hope that also happens for you. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Most Active