Whats Different?

tuckermn04
on 11/25/08 5:03 pm
I'd like to ask, for those of you who had a band, and have now had a different surgery, what are the differences both physically/mentally between the two?

1.  The amout of food I can't eat doesn't vary from the morning to the evening- its consistent.
2. Lack of hunger, the band did not affect my level of hunger, stomach growling, headaching hunger. 
3.  I can drink cold water again- without feeling uncomfortable!
4. I'm not tempted to 'cheat'- (yet anyway) for fear of dumping 
NeedhamGal
on 11/25/08 9:40 pm - MA
I can eat dense food...like chicken and turkey.  I no longer fear first bite syndrome. I can get up in the middle of the night and have a drink of water without it gurgling the rest of the night.  I can enjoy a cup of coffee in the AM.
I ,too, and petrified of dumping. I haven't had a full blown dump..but I have gotten woosy and had real bad lower abdominal cramps.
I am happy with my RNY.

Joan
Hondurian Queen
on 11/26/08 6:56 am - BOSTON, MA
what is different for me is with the band I could cheat around it and eat all type of things I shouldnt have but with my RNY she dont play that I have had the full blown dump where I am letting loose from bothends and sweating heart racing it is nothing nice so I try and stay right.

happythanksgiving and take care

PekinSal
on 11/27/08 6:02 am - UK
1.  The amout of food I can't eat doesn't vary from the morning to the evening- its consistent.
Same with the DS (and sleeve) - you just have limited space for food, it isn't moody like the band. I can eat protein as well, and I'm not forced to fall back on slider foods (which were bad for my diabetes as well)

2. Lack of hunger, the band did not affect my level of hunger, stomach growling, headaching hunger. 
I'm hardly ever really hungry. Perhaps first thing in the mornings. Head hunger I sometimes get, but I can't eat enough of anything to do any damage!

3.  I can drink cold water again- without feeling uncomfortable!
DH (bandster) is jealous of me chugging down cold milk from the carton...

4. I'm not tempted to 'cheat'- (yet anyway) for fear of dumping 
DSers don't dump, but we get gas from carbs, which puts you off going mad on them

I was thinking a few days ago - I can't think of any reason I regret having the band out. I don't miss it at all.

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active