Hi,Everyone I was wondering if....................

GlitterGirl1
on 11/25/08 2:20 pm - peabody, MA
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had lapband surgery but then had it taken out to have gastric bybass?
tnwalkersu
on 11/26/08 12:51 am - Somerville, TN
I haven't had my revision surgery yet.  Still in the process.  But I can't wait to get my band out and get the DS.  It will be the best thing for me.  I'm not a band person but then again it failed and that really made me think about another WLS.  Are thinking about getting surgery or do you have a band that you want taken out?

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

GlitterGirl1
on 12/4/08 6:49 am - peabody, MA
Hello, thank you for responding. Yes I had the lapband done and it is not working so just like you I am looking to take it out and get another wls I am thinking of gastric bypass.  I haven't talked to my docters yet.  I feel like such a failure though with this band I lost 47lb and put it right back on except for 10lb of it. 
tnwalkersu
on 12/4/08 7:11 am - Somerville, TN
You didn't fail, the band did.  I am doing my paperwork for DS with a doctor in Nashville.  I just found out that my insurance has a bariatric network with a doctor in Knoxville so I might have to make a change.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:58 pm, edited 12/4/08 9:59 pm - AZ

Bands suck.  I was revised (at goal) from a band to a sleeve and I have no problems maintaining at 120#, 20BMI with a sleeve.  Life is good!

GlitterGirl1
on 12/9/08 3:00 pm - peabody, MA
Wow! That is great! Going from 22/24 to  120lb omg! It seems to me the band worked with you though. Did something happen?  I  couldn't  get  anywhere  with  this band.
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 10:03 pm - AZ

No, I just worked really hard.  Tons of exercise, kept calories at 600 daily, etc.

charleston-mom
on 12/9/08 10:07 pm
I had a revision from the lapband to a bypass and am down to a size 0 or a 2 (109 pounds). Lapband is terrible surgery in my opinion. There is no comparison between the two.
GlitterGirl1
on 12/10/08 12:50 pm - peabody, MA
Do u mind me asking how much you weighed before the band? and what u lost with band before you did the revision?
charleston-mom
on 12/10/08 10:14 pm
I was about 270 before the band; lost about 50 with the band, had two slips and erosion and was critically ill. Have lost everything since the RNY.
Most Active