xpost: Food Journaling Questions

megameggs
on 11/24/08 12:37 am - FL
Hello fellow OHers! I'm doing some research on food journaling practices, and your insight could be very helpful.

Here are my questions:
1. Do you see food journaling as a way to "control" your body/eating? Do you feel that food journaling is ever too controlling? Does food journaling cause you to micromanage your eating down to the last calorie?

2. Would you say that food journaling is part of how you practice "self-care"... is it something you do to take good care of yourself? Is it a tool for living a better life?

3. How do you food journal? In a notebook at home, online via fitday or some other tool?

4. *****ads your food journal? Is it something you keep for yourself, or is it shared with others like a nutritionist, friends you keep you accountable, etc.

To share a little more about why I'm asking, I'm working on a paper for one of the classes in my PhD program. I'm exploring whether food journals are a site of micro-control, or a freeing practice. Your insight woul be very helpful.

And last of all, please let me know if I have permission to quote you in my paper!

Thanks a lot!
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

Most Active