Dec 1, 2008

nicole u
on 11/22/08 11:46 pm - holbrook, NY
Revision on 12/01/08 with

IT'S COMING SOON!!  I am so glad my Lapband was removed on October 23!!  I am going in for my RNY on Dec 1!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHH!!  A week from tomorrow and I will officially be a LOSER! 
I am PETRIFIED of the pain.  Can you guys ease my mind!?!  What did it feel like?? 
I am a HUGE baby!  I cry over needles and stuff.  Did the drain hurt?  Please guys, tell me all you can so I am prepared!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

298/182/143
Surgery/ Current/ Goal

mew6495
on 11/23/08 1:32 am - MI
Congratulations on your date!  

I had RNY in 2001.  All surgeries have some level of pain but it can be managed.  Upload on your protein this week.  Keep hydrated.  After surgery, stay on top of your pain meds the first week out and don't overdue it and you should be absolutely fine.  Everyone's different as is the tolerance for pain from one person to the next.  When they removed my drain I thought it was at the high end of "uncomfortable" but not excruciating pain.  It is well worth it in the end.  

The only other advice I can think of is "follow the pouch rules"!  You will do great!

Keep us posted on how you make out. 
Ruth A.
on 11/23/08 2:30 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Congratulations!  I'll be honest with you - I was in a lot of pain, but then I was only given paracetamol by IV (I had my surgery in Belgium - different pain meds over there!!!) and had been expecting much stronger pain meds.

BUT...that said, it was still worth it.  I'm sure you will be fine and just let then medical staff know if you are in pain.  Someone said this to me before my wls and it got me through the tough time...keep remembering

"this too shall pass"
Hondurian Queen
on 11/23/08 8:34 am - BOSTON, MA
CONGRATS NICOLE ON YOUR UPCOMING SURGERY GIRL IT WAS SO MUCH MORE EASIER THEN THE BAND FOR ME JUST TRY AND RELAX AND KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE ON THE LOSERS SIDE AGAIN YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY WITH THE RNY MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IN TOUCH

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/08 10:33 am - NJ
We share the same revision date!! Good luck!! We're going to do wonderful!!!
mrsedaddy
on 11/25/08 2:51 am - Spring, TX
I am being revised Monday as well - from the band to the DS! Best wishes to you for a speedy and happy recovery.  See you on the other side!!
Tough times don't build character, they reveal character.

SW (12.1.08):  310
CW: 210
GW (whenever God gets me there):  160ish

jml7117
on 11/25/08 4:49 am - Groves, TX
I have My revision Surgery Scheduled for Dec1st.  I had the Gastric By Pass is 2001 Orginally It was painful but nothing you can't handle.  The one thing I did ask for was something to bound me.  Its this Verelco wrap that can go around you that held you tight so it does not pull when you stand.  where is your suregry at??  Mine is in Houston.  I know you must be as scared as I am.  easpecially since I ahve done this once I know what it feels like I am not looking forward to doing it again but I am having trouble. You let me know how you are doing...
Jeanne in Texas
Most Active