Turned Down

Ruth A.
on 11/21/08 6:55 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks Joyce, I really appreciate the support, and done in such a good way too.  I have been following your journey with interest and your story has given me hope that there can be light at the end of the tunnel and that I CAN reach my goal in one way or another, and that despite my ocassional failings, I can be taken seriously by the medical profession if I find the right one.

I was ashamed having all my wrong choices put out there making it seem like I eat that kind of stuff everyday!  I have several 'good' days followed by terrible choice days, undoing all my hard work...BUT, I am very proud that I have managed to maintain and not gain, so I must be doing kind of ok right, even if I'm not losing?
ladydi1970
on 11/20/08 5:31 am - GA

So what's your weight now?

Have you had any testing?  EGD, Upper GI etc?  If so, is your pouch and/or stoma stretched?

Ruth A.
on 11/21/08 8:37 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK

My weight is around 170, fluctuating up and down around 5 lbs.  I work hard to keep it at that.  I stopped losing at around 1 year out, and have lost just under 100lbs.

I haven't had any testing.  I do think my pouch may be stretched as at times I can eat a fair quantity if I chose to, I also think it may not have been that small to begin with, and I'm not sure actually how much I had bypassed, as I've alwasy been a slow loser, although that may be for other reasons.  I was a light weight to begin with.

My dream goal is to be 135.  My realistic goal is to be a normal weight, as I have never had a normal weight in my life!!

JRinAZ
on 11/21/08 12:04 pm - Layton, UT
On November 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM Pacific Time, Ruth A. wrote:

My weight is around 170, fluctuating up and down around 5 lbs.  I work hard to keep it at that.  I stopped losing at around 1 year out, and have lost just under 100lbs.

I haven't had any testing.  I do think my pouch may be stretched as at times I can eat a fair quantity if I chose to, I also think it may not have been that small to begin with, and I'm not sure actually how much I had bypassed, as I've alwasy been a slow loser, although that may be for other reasons.  I was a light weight to begin with.

My dream goal is to be 135.  My realistic goal is to be a normal weight, as I have never had a normal weight in my life!!

Hey there girlfriend!

So, I was about 170"ish" before my revision and like you, my dream weight was 135 lbs......Well, I'm 20 pounds BELOW that now!!!!  Soooooooo..............."if" you're self pay then gather your dreams together and organize your 2009 to get on out here to AZ.  I have a spare bedroom with your name on it for your recovery!  ......  My hubby had weight loss surgery too so he's all used to revision routine and can whip up a great protein drink for both of us!!!

When one door closes......look for an open window and JUMP!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ruth A.
on 11/21/08 7:05 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK

BIG BIG hugs, Joyce xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  your offer brought tears to my eyes it is so understanding and kind.  I'm looking for that window right now.

Ruth

latinasoi
on 11/20/08 10:16 am - Orlando, FL
HANG IN THERE RUTH!!!!!! GOD IS GOOD, AND THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON.  LET STUPID WORDS FALL ON DEAF EARS!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS
Ruth A.
on 11/21/08 8:40 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thank you - yes, I decided it was not worth bothering to enter into dialogue with this person - they have their opinion and have made up their 'narrow' mind without all the facts.  I doubt that anything I say would change their opinion of me, but I know the truth and know that there are far more people willing to let me rant and vent when I need to without jumping on their hobby horse.

Thanks for the support, and yes you are right, thank you for reminding me - GOD IS GOOD - all the time..............all the time - GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!  Amen
mew6495
on 11/20/08 10:42 am - MI
 Ruth,

How disappointing for you!  I am so sorry to hear your news.  I know we have talked in the past about Dr. S.  He doesn't judge and he really listens to you, your goals and your needs.  Not sure if it is possible for you but if so.....it would be worth your time to give him a call and at least have a consult with him and get his take on your situation.  

I was obese but not morbidly obese and he agreed to give me my second chance!  He listened!  He is great.  

You hang in there and if you need someone to vent to feel free to PM me.

I will send a prayer your way.
Ruth A.
on 11/21/08 8:43 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi there

I guess I was expecting other doctors to be like Dr S and consider each person as an individual rather than a number on a chart!!

It was an initial disappointment, but I know there are other doctors and I just need to keep looking.  This first doctor obviously wasn't the right one for me. 

Thanks for the offer of a shoulder to vent on - I may take you up on that some day :o)

hugs
ladydi1970
on 11/21/08 7:47 am - GA

Don't give up Ruth!

Just go for it , if that's what you want.

FIND a doc around you, Travel if you need to (and are able to).

YOU deserve to live a good life, and no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you different!!

We are here to support you.

As you can see I've been a member here for over 9 years.  I've seen em' come and seen em' go.  I've seen them be mean with their words to one person, and sugar wouldn't melt in their mouth for another,   But, for the most part, it's a very loving group here on the Revision board.

Please don't let the words of one (or more) people get you down.

Bless you with everything, and don't give up.  Don't EVER give up!  YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Most Active