WOULD LIKE INPUT FROM REVISIONERS TO ERNY/DISTAL

JROLFSON
on 11/20/08 3:13 am - St. George, UT
HELLO OUT THERE:

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SITE HERE FOR A WHILE. I'M STILL RESEARCHING AND TRYING TO PULL TOGETHER A REVISION TO DISTAL.

PLEASE, IF I COULD? GET ALL RNY'S FROM PROXIMAL TO DISTAL REVISIONERS TO POST TO THIS THREAD.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOUR JOURNEY IS COMING ALONG.

THE MORE THE BETTER.

PLEASE IF YOU COULD LIST, WEIGHT YOU STARTED AT, DATE OF REVISION, WHERE YOUR IS NOW, PROBLEMS FROM SURGERY, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT THING IS CRUCIAL TO KNOW.

THANKS SO MUCH.

J ROLFSON 
Deanne K.
on 11/20/08 8:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi J,
I had my revision surgery to ERNY on 09/02/08.  I am doing fairly well, still some healing issues, but overall it's been an uneventful journey, we all have little bumps in our road.

I so far according to my PCP scale have lost 21 lbs.  I and my PCP are happy with my journey so far for 11 weeks out of surgery.  I know I could be better in watching what I eat and I would probably be farther along. 

I am low on the energy side and haven't bumped up the exercise to the extent that I need to be at.  The gym that I go to the pool has been closed since before my surgery and hasn't re-opened it yet.  I really can't do much other kind of exercise at this time.

Learning to eat, drink water and get 120-150 gm of protein and all your vitamins a day is definately a challenge.

If you have questions, please let us all know.
Deanne
JROLFSON
on 11/21/08 12:15 am - St. George, UT
Dear Deanne:

Thank yo for your post, please keep me posted on your progress...How much weight did Dr. S feel overall you might lose on this procedure?

I appreciate your input.

JRolfson
Deanne K.
on 11/21/08 12:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi JRolfson,
I have to say that we didn't talk numbers.  We did mainly talk about me getting to a healthy weight and hopefully getting off of my oxygen and other issues.
Deanne
mew6495
on 11/20/08 11:00 am - MI
 Hi J Rolfson,

I had ERNY on 10/3 with Dr. S.  

My recovery has went extremely well.  I had one small issue with a small infection in my incision but Dr. S got that cleared up for me in no time.  (and I am from another state!)  I have had 7 abdominal surgeries in my life and this one has been the easiest for me to recover by far.  

Since my revision I have lost about 17 lbs.  I have went down 3 clothes sizes and am feeling pretty good.  Gas can be an issue but there are ways to control that .  If I could ever get back to putting exercise back in my life I am sure I would do much better all the way around.

Your body does respond differently to foods, especially carbs.  Not only the gas but a good chance you could deal with occasional diarrhea and with some this could be more frequent then others.  It is a learning curb finding out what types of foods will effect you.

All in all I would definitely do it  again.  
JROLFSON
on 11/21/08 12:00 am - St. George, UT

Dear Mew:

In your profile you speak of being hospitalized for scar tissue issues. Can you relate to me what happened to you? Your symptoms, and how they got you through it. Because I often suffer from extreme bouts of pain, which I feel are either; scar tissue, bowel obstructions or hernias...

Thank you for your post and help...I too plan and have been to see Dr. S...Wouldn't even consider anyone else...and this will be my 3rd surgery, second revision.

J Rolfson

mew6495
on 11/22/08 9:47 am - MI
 Hi J Rolfson,

I PM'd you with answers to your questions.

Most Active