Can I get a doctors note for being to fat to sit in an airplane seat?

Debbie M.
on 11/19/08 7:26 am
Sigh...I had RNY surgery in 2002 lost 150lbs, then gained it all back.   The mental anquish that goes along with this is something I deal with constantly. I've just changed Health providers during our open enrollment which I expect to give me the revision surgery I need.  In the meantime, I work for an airline, have to travel for business and am so uncomfortable in the seats.  No way I can go to my employer and say, hey, can you give me 2 seats instead of one.  Do you think I could get a doctors note saying I can't fly for a few months until I can get the surgery done and lose some weight so it's not so uncomfortable.  As I write this it makes me feel so pathetic. I'm trying to keep my head high and do the right thing to turn my life around.
Katrina B.
on 11/19/08 7:34 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Debbie, don't feel pathetic!! We're all just humans ... we make errors, and none of us are perfect. Are you able to do your job without traveling so much? If so perhaps you can see if the doc would write you an excuse. If he/she is at all understanding/empathetic then they shouldn't have a problem.

Keep your head up, you're absolutely doing the right thing. I wish you well. Good Luck!

Katrina
Debbie M.
on 11/19/08 7:36 am
Katrina,
You are so sweet, thank you so much for your kind words.  I think I should call Kaiser now who is my current provider and explain the situation, it's just so embarrassing. Thanks for your support.
Debbie
Ruth A.
on 11/24/08 1:53 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Sorry this is a late reply.  I just had to let you know that you are not pathetic!  You are strugling and need help - heck every human needs help with something at some point in their lives - it's the way we are wired to not be islands.

That said, have you spoken to your insurance yet?  I don't have any answers for you, but just wanted you to know you are not alone.  I really hope you get your revision, and that you get adjustments to make life easier before you get there.

hugs, Ruth
Most Active