*** WOW, getting surgery date tomorrow ***

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/08 8:21 am - Togo
I just talked to my bariatric surgeons office and all my clearances are in and complete. Yeahhhh!!!

the Patient coordinator told me the Surgery Scheduler will call me either today, which means in an hour, or tomorrow and schedule me for surgery. i will have a date within 24 hours ... or sooner!!!

WOW. I can't beleive it. !!!! I am so excited.

Boy, I have really stayed on top of getting these clearances done and now i am going to reap the rewards of my efforts. WOWZIE !!!

I began working on these clearances in September and now they are done. That's only 3 months. i really pushed the doctors to get them done in a timely manner and it worked !!!!!

anyway, i guess i am bragging. but my beleif is that we have to make things happen. and i did. If i had left everything up to the doctors to do as they wished i wouldn't have gotten everything done so fast.

oh, I am so happy !!!!!!!!! I can't beleive it. I can't beleive it. 

the thing that is going through my mind is that i am going to be a woman again. not a big girl. a woman. i haven't been that in a long long time. i have been lost from myself. feels like i have been someone other than who i really am - being locked in this fat body. i lost me. now i am going back to ME again.

OMG!!!

Debbie M.
on 11/19/08 9:57 am
Good for you.  It's so true we have to take matters in our own hands when it comes to any medical issue. You should be proud, you've earned the bragging rights!  I look forward to being able to do the same thing one day soon!
isaiah54mom
on 11/19/08 11:29 pm - bartlesville, OK
Amen to all of that. I had to keep pushing also. I got my date finally too. I go on 1/29. I can hardly believe it also. it has been quite a ride. I am praying all the best for you. you go guuurl!!!
jo

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

MsDeniseinPA
on 11/20/08 12:18 am - PA
that's great news for you!
Most Active