Revising to a DS from RNY

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 6:03 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Carol and Lori called me a few mins ago and said that those fees will be billed to my insurance co and we'll go from there.  I've thought about it for quite awhile and decided to go ahead with trying to get a revision to a DS with Dr Husted.   My appt is Dec 4 and I am so excited.  I can't wait.  I was excited before my rny journey began and I'm very excited now.  The reason I am going for a revision is that I've gained 80lbs in the last year and I have tried and tried to get it off.  I have severe acid issues and I just feel that this is where I need to go.  Best of luck to those of u just starting out or like me and starting again.   
Angela

http://www.myspace.com/sweetnsassynky  
LoriAS
on 11/17/08 8:17 am - CA
Angela,
I am so glad we were able to reconnect today.

Lori

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 9:14 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Thanks me too!
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/08 2:51 am

I'm so glad you posted this.  I too am considering a revison to a DS from RNY.  I don't go in for consult until the 17th of December.  Congrats and keep me posted.  Make me a friend on myspace.

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 10:35 am - KY
Isn't Dr. Husted wonderful???  I am also trying to get a revision from a failed RNY to the DS, but, because I have Medicare, the hospital must be a Center of Excellence Certified and due to this, the hospital that Dr. Husted operates in, it will take 10 months to get certified.  This is what he told me today.  I feel very discouraged.  I have to wait ten months....He is the best doctor and I don't think there is another doctor who will revise a RNY to a DS. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 10:36 am - KY
Isn't Dr. Husted wonderful???  I am also trying to get a revision from a failed RNY to the DS, but, because I have Medicare, the hospital must be a Center of Excellence Certified and due to this, the hospital that Dr. Husted operates in, it will take 10 months to get certified.  This is what he told me today.  I feel very discouraged.  I have to wait ten months....He is the best doctor and I don't think there is another doctor who will revise a RNY to a DS. 
Bronwen
on 12/5/08 3:57 am - Wilmington, DE
There are a bunch of surgeons who do RNY to DS revisions - ask the DS board for a list.  Dr. Husted, one of the most skilled and respected, is definitely the closest to you, though.  My surgeon, Dr. Gagner, is also a very experienced and skilled revision surgeon, and is currently Chief of Surgery at Mt. Sinai hospital in Miami, FL.  I don't know if you'd be willing to travel the distance, but he'd be worth it! 

Good luck with your revision!
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Most Active