blood test foul up !!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 10:16 am, edited 11/17/08 10:44 am - Togo
I have been having so much trouble with this d..... blood test.

first - the results came back claiming i had something horrible. something totally out of the blue for me. i was stunned. i couldn't beleive it.

second - i researched the 'problem' and called the doctor back telling her the results could have because of the medicine i take. she agreed and we did a second blood test.  i had to wait a week for the results. the office girl told me to call her on friday and get the results.

third - called the following friday only to find out they are closed friday. Didn't she know that?!

four - called back saturday. she didn't have the results yet. asked me when i took the blood test, they didn't know. i told her when and she said to call back on monday then. monday at 4:00. she'd have the results then.

five - called back monday at 4:00. she didn't have the results in the office but she was certain they were done. said she'd call the lab and get it from them. said she'd call me back in 15 minutes.

six - she called me back and said she ordered the results  faxed over and to call her in 15 minutes.

seven - called her back. she said she got the results and gave them to the doctor to go over and to call her back in 15 minutes.

eight - i called her back. she said she ordered the wrong tests. she had ordered the one from the first blood test instead of the second one. said she'd call the lab and order the results from the second blood test. and to call her back in 15 minutes.

nine - called her back in 15 minutes. she said the doctor was looking at them and to call her back in 15 minutes.

ten - i called her back. she said the lab send over incomplete results. the lab only sent over 1/2 of the results. she said she'd call the lab and ask for the rest of the results. and to call her back in 15 minutes. 

eleven - called her back and she said the lab told her they needed more time.  i told her "you have been working on this blood test for 2 & 1/2 weeks. !" - she said she thinks it takes 3 weeks to do.  "what?!" i said.  i told her i had called a lab and knew that it only takes about 4 days. she said - and get this one - she would ask the lab delivery person who she was expecting any moment
how long the test takes. then she would call me back.

twelve - so here i sit and she has not called me back. 

so ... what do y'all think? am i being played with or do you think what has taken place with the blood tests is reasonable and correct?
Deanne K.
on 11/17/08 11:31 am - Tucson, AZ
D never seems to go smoothly.  Everytime they have ever run it on me they never were able to get the samples to the lab in order for them to run.  It usually took 3 weeks to get the inconclusive results back.  Go figure they have to send them from Arizona to California to run the test.

Best of luck, it is so fustrating.
Ruth A.
on 11/17/08 4:27 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How totally frustrating.  How was the person you spoke to?  Did it feel like she was giving you the run around, or genuinely trying to help?  I don't know about blood tests, so can't answer that part, but boy, I'm frustrated just reading about it, let alone having to live through it.

Hang in there - (and if you're anything like me) try not to take it out on those around you!!!!!

Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 11:51 pm - Togo
The person in the doctors office sounded sincere. But the way someone sounds versus their actions, i think, reveals the truth. now having said tha****ch me be totally wrong. actually i hope i am wrong. and she comes through like she keeps leading me to beleive she's going to.

i am glad to hear others who understand my frustration and/or have had similar experiences. thank you for posting. it makes me better.

Most Active