Can you have the RNY AGAIN as a revision?

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 11:55 pm - AZ
On November 18, 2008 at 7:39 AM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:
See my profile for ... a Mexican surgeon;  the entire country of Chile

Someone's race does not determine whether or not they are a worthwhile doctor, neither does the country he comes from.

On the forum here we help one another, without regard to race or nationality. 

A doctor is sought out because he is a skillful and talented doctor regardless of his ethnicity. 

There are many wonderful doctors out there and they are jewish, dutch, indian, canadian, italian, etc, etc. 

I ... dare you.

Your post is aggressive and racist and aimed at my post personally, not the thread that was originally started. Your post is flamming. I fully expect you to post again and those of a like mind ... to my post ... I would be pleased if your post was an apology but i am not expecting that. 

i am telling you now i will do my best not to get pulled into a flamming war of posts. Especially about racism or nationality.

Racism and discrimination are against the law. Remember? I suggest you focus your attention on bariatric surgery and away from the narrow angle you are presently focused on.

P.S. less invasive IS safer.

I wish you well.

WTH is your problem?  Where did I suggest anything about race?  People do not know how to research a doctor in their own country let alone a doctor in another country.  Many people have no choice but to leave the US for surgery and you have the gall to suggest I shouldn't provide a way for them to start the process of research?

Honestly, are you a bigot or something?  Do you have a problem with someone that does not want surgery in the US for some reason?  Where did I suggest that someone should not stay in the US?

What the heck is wrong with you anyway?  You can sit there and give out all the wrong info you want and call it support, it doesn't make it so.  The rest of us actually DO something productive by giving people information they might not otherwise have.

My post is not racist, but yours is.  Damn straight you aren't getting an apology, I do not apologize to people like you because I have done nothing wrong.

Some people's children... sheesh....

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 1:01 am - Togo
More aggession.

Well, I wish you well. Have a nice day. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 2:47 am - AZ
On November 18, 2008 at 9:01 AM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:
More aggession.

Well, I wish you well. Have a nice day. 

Might want to take a look at your own racist behaviors before insisting it is those around you instead.

You can whine, stomp those feeties, jump up and down for all I care.  It does not change what you have done by bringing up race and accusing others of "issues' that turn out to be nothing but projection on your part.

LosingSally
on 11/18/08 1:10 am
Introduce 10 who have had DS 10 or more years?
Every proceedure starts somewhere.
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 2:45 am - AZ
On November 18, 2008 at 9:10 AM Pacific Time, LosingSally wrote:
Introduce 10 who have had DS 10 or more years?
Every proceedure starts somewhere.

Banding has been common for 17 years now, yet try to find 10 people that still have a band.  It's no easy task.  They've had them removed, that was my point.

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/08 5:00 am - Togo
I think a wls surgery that is till intact and effective ten years after it was done is a challenge to find.

my doctor told me the rny, which is what i have, has a lifespan of 3-5 years and weight gain is almost a given with it. UNLESS, one makes life changes and is able to take over when its effectiveness fades.

with my surgery i saw it as something to give me a big boost in the right direction. at which point i would take over and bring it on home. and that is what i did. i was successful with it for a long time.

i am going to have a revision now. and i know what happened. in so many words, i am where i am because i didn't beleive i would ever have a weight problem again. i was confident i had my weight under control for the rest of my life. 

when my life began to change i allowed it to, feeling certain i could put it back together later. i was much surprised to find out it wasn't so easy. it involved a lot more than just making food choices. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 9:48 am - Togo
oops.

i answered your post with another posting in mind. anyway, hope you get something out of mine and i wish you the best.
Fatfreedom
on 11/17/08 10:03 am - NH
On November 17, 2008 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, coconut678 wrote:
oops.

i answered your post with another posting in mind. anyway, hope you get something out of mine and i wish you the best.
Thanks  Your post made sense in reference to what I asked so it was very helpful.  Thank you and lots of luck to you.

Did you originally have a RNY?
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 10:53 am - Togo
Yes I did. about 12 years ago and was very successful with it for a long time. but then, like you said about yourself, i gained weight back and a lot of it was my own doing. my undoing ended up undoing the surgery. so now i am getting my clearances. i just have this one blood test, which i just posted about here, that is hanging me up. once that is cleared up i will be having the lap band surgery.

thanks for answering my 'oops' post. that was nice of you. 

p.s. i love these smileys.
tnwalkersu
on 11/17/08 11:59 pm - Somerville, TN
I don't know why everyone thinks the band is less invasive.  All surgery's can be done by lap.  Please check out all you can find about the band.  The rate of failure is high.  And I don't mean just leaks like me.  The rate of erosion is also high.  If you hate to have surgery then don't get the band.  Like I said, there will some point down the line that you will have to go in and have it repaired or taken out.  Do check to see how many folks that go back to have a revision.  I am not trying to push DS or anything else on you.  You need to do the thing that is right for you.  But if I can help someone learn from my mistakes I will.  Go to the lap-band makers web site and read where the stats are.  You might have to search for it.  They don't want you to know about the stats of failure and breakage.  I have been researching alternatives for 6 months and I just see that people with the DS have the least amount of problems and not one had to go back for a revision because it didn't work.  Good luck with your search. 

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

Most Active