Question about eating after revision

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/08 11:16 pm
My revision surgery is a week from today and I haven't had my appt yet to tell me about the post op diet...  Just curious what it usually is? Is it the clear liquid thing?
CuldesacKitten
on 11/17/08 2:23 am
Each doctor is different, so take this with a grain of salt.

I had an RNY revision on Novemeber 12th  - my surgeon made my pouch smaller, as well as my stoma.

I am on clear liquids currently. I will be doing clears for 1 week since the point of where I could hold them down well (which was 2 days out) then full liquids for 1 week, and on to purees for a good 2 months.

My surgeon said because my intestines weren't messed with this time I wont have to be on the clear/full liquids for as long as I was last time (which was a month instead of two weeks)

I wish you luck girlie!
DMS923
on 11/18/08 4:30 am - NY
I had my revision surgery on Nov 5 .  I was on ice chips day of surgery, liquid for days 2-3-4 then on pureed starting day 5 for 3 weeks - then I start mechanical for 3 then transitional......I have lost 14 lbs so far.   Surgery took 4 hours all done Lap.  I had my lapband taken out and the revision to RNY done.  All is well, back at work, incisions are a little sore still but it gets better every day.....So glad its behind me....Good Luck to you.
Donna (DMS923)
RNY November 5, 2008
Starting Weight: 191 
Current Weight: 140
Goal Weight: 130
Susan512
on 11/23/08 8:20 pm

The clear liquids I was advised to consume were things like warm chicken broth and boullion cubes dissolved in ho****er (I drank it from a coffee mug).  For the soft foods it was jello and pudding.

Most Active