Remove the band or NOT?

valexi
on 11/23/08 1:51 pm - Canada
i am miserable right now because i am too tight with my band, i am loosing weight but how long will that last? i'm surprised you lost weight with an unfill, i want to get one, i have 5cc in my 10cc AP band. i'm sick of throwing up and only having yogourt as my main source of food.

this has to work for us, we took a chance and spent so much $.
i have seen success with the band, no surgery works by itself, eventualy the body adapts and little changes have to be done, such as increase exercise eat differently, drink more water.......

good luck with your decision, i think you made the right choice.
val

JSIL
on 11/22/08 11:16 am
I got my band in 4/07.  All was well for a while.  The first time I got stuck bad that was it, I never had a good experience with the band again.  My story is just like yours, no healthy foods tolerated, just junk.  I got the band removed 8/08 and have felt excellent since.  I did gain 20 lbs in 3 months.  I then just got the VSG on 11/7/08 and so far it is a very positive experience.  If you have any questions, please pm me.  Good luck with your decision. 

Madcow
on 11/23/08 11:57 pm - MA
I got my band removed and revised 2 months ago to a RnY.  I'm loving it.  I am able to eat a whole lot easier - I just had  leftover chicken for breakfast.  I get full pretty easily and am losing weight.  It took me a couple of weeks to adjust to eating with the bypass but now I basically know what works (eating slowly, chewing well, protein first) and what doesn't (chocolate gives me awful gas)  It also took me quite a while to get my usual energy back after surgery but at this point I am feeling just fine. I lost 30 pounds in the past 2 months and have 25 to be at my lowest weight with the band and a total of 40 more to go to be 130 (my ultimate goal which I havent seen since I was 19 years old).

240/140/138
Most Active