Revision letter of neccesity

jennyn
on 11/13/08 1:15 am - Kingston, TN
Hi gang!

Just got back from seeing Dr. Boyce and he is on my side for the revision from RNY to DS woo hoo 1/2 way there.  Now to overcome the insurance barrier.  My insurance doesn't cover WLS BUT we have a loophole - see below

Reconstructive procedures when the primary purpose of the procedure is either to treat a medical condition or to

improve or restore physiologic function. Reconstructive procedures include surgery or other procedures which

are associated with an Injury, Sickness or Congenital Anomaly.

The dr. office is preparing a letter as we speak.  Now he did ask me for any issues or problems I have had.  I said shortness of breath, high chol & trig what else am I not thinking of . 

thanks

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/08 5:31 pm - Togo
Sleep apnea - I didn't think i had it. i was 100% sure that wasn't my problem. had the test done and found out i do. it helps though when you need a letter of necessity.

sleep apnea ... hypertension ... problem with joints ... arhtritis ... any degenerative - ... cardiac problems ... 

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/08 5:43 pm - Togo

Also, with my insurance, I knew a revision would be approved because, as they told me, a revision is considered an extension of the original surgery since it  addresses the same problem. so if the first one was covered then the second one is convered.

improve or restore physiologic function

That says a lot. wls almost always fixes or restores or improves something that is a physiologic function. it is meant to improve or restore us in some way.

i'd brainstorm with that.

remember, everything must be backed up with facts. no grey area with insurance companies. so take tests and found out what your complete condition is and what part of your condition relates to your obesity. 

Most Active