Trying to find someone who has or had revision

JewelKat13
on 11/16/08 9:32 am - Phoenix, NY
You totally told my story, I had the vbg in 1987, and initially lost 125 lbs, but regained a good portion of it back, I am like you in as some days I can eat, and some days well, you know.  I have been researching revision surgery on and off for a few years now, and at first I thought I wanted the rny, but then I started lurking on the ds board, and really looking at what people are eating, and what truly convinced me was the style of eating after the surgery, quite honestly it's more livable for me.  I think this is the best surgery for me.  I hope I can loose it in reasonable amount of time, but I must say, if I can just if nothing else, it would be worth it to just not throw up.  I am determined, I have waited too long,
someone is going to do this surgery!!!!

Best of luck to you!

Best,

JK

X - - - - -[ .JewelKat. ♥  ]- - - - - X
avatar made by ` s h i m i`. she loves her momma.
isaiah54mom
on 11/18/08 12:20 am - bartlesville, OK
Hey Kat, AMEN to that. I want to lose the weight, but I agree that if the best thing is that i just get rid of that band I would be happy. I am so sick of not knowing what I can eat and when. I know that this is finally my time and I will be free of the band and this weight.
jo
Waiting for her date to begin the best half of my life

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

KRWaters
on 11/15/08 1:36 am - Manteca, CA
Edna, did you check with the doctors I told you about for being revised toa DS?. Do not believe the surgeons that tell you we have lots of poo/gas issues. It is a total lie. Things are that can be managed with what you eat. Stay away from white flour/carbs, sugars, etc and you will minimize the gas/poo issues. Some of theose surgeons bad-mouthing the DS are thinking of the old BPD. This version being done now is 20 years ago and a whole lot better than the old one. There have new products out there for spraying or whatever to get rid of bad smells. You have to stick it out on the DS forum so you learn the truth.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active