Approved for revision after denial from bcof cali

kimbofromohio
on 11/12/08 2:26 pm - CA

I had RNY in ohio 2001 lost 150 lbs ...But now have gained back about 70 lbs over last 2 years.. I suffer from ,multiple sclerosis and  depresion. Blue cross turned me down for revison. ...Went over their heads with appeal to dept of managed health care .They overturned  Blue cross of ca denial..The letter said bc had 5 days to comply this was friday when I received letter surgeons office called me monday wanted my org. reports from my surgeon in oh. To  see if he even wanted to to my revision .....Has any one had revision  at parkview with a DR. Krahn??Also trying to  make  choice between ds or erny or lab band ..

tnwalkersu
on 11/13/08 1:31 am - Somerville, TN
I haven't had my revision yet but I do have a band.  If you have had RNY and didn't lose all of your weight, why in the world would you want to get a band when the failure rate is so high and you will only lose about 40% of the weight you want to lose?  You should check into DS.  This has become the #1 world-class WLS.  You get to eat normally and still have the malabsortion to lose all of the weight.  To me there would be only one way to go and that is the DS.  You will find that most of the people on this forum will say the same thing.  The DS is the way to go.  I'm glad you got your approval.  I'm still fighting for mine.  You are very luckly to have someone fight for your right to have the revision.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

nascar24n48
on 11/16/08 7:08 am
I would research other surgeons!!!  Will leave it at that if you know what I mean.  I would look into Dr. Suh, Dr Lamar and others in So Cal.
nascar24n48
on 11/16/08 7:10 am
I see you live in Corona. Dr. Suh is has an office in Corona off of Magnolia!!!  
Most Active