does it hurt to get a fill?!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 9:57 am - Togo
I jus****ched a video with someone getting their first 'fill'.   

omg! - what was i thinking? i checked all this out sometime ago and got to where i was okay with it - but now - oh no!

i felt myself cringe as he went for her stomach with the needle. i wanted to pull back and get away. oh no. 

but then again when i have watched videos like that no one seems to feel hurt or pull back. there aren't any screams. so, i don't know.

my question is: does it hurt to get a fill?!

p.s. just got my cardiac clearance. doc is sending it over to the surgeon tomorrow.

and i retook the blood test also. talked to the doctor. she doesn't think it is going to be a problem. has a good idea what happened with it the first time. so we'll see. 

MARCIAM
on 11/12/08 12:20 pm - Sayville, NY
I had many fills when I had my band. No, they don't hurt...
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

cuppyb
on 11/13/08 1:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
I'm deathly afraid of needles and had no problem getting my fill.  Just don't look at the needle.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

tnwalkersu
on 11/13/08 1:47 am - Somerville, TN
They will numb the spot first and then you won't feel anything.  But to me the numb hurts more than a plain stick.  I have had it both ways.  Just close your eyes and take deep breaths and it will be over before you know it.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

PekinSal
on 11/13/08 3:10 am - UK
My band surgeon used to be in and out (as it were) in a couple of seconds, and never stopped talking throughout...Didn't hurt, although I used to look at the ceiling rather than what he was doing! The needle is very fine and very sharp, so he never bothered numbing me even.

DS revision from failed lapband

vaweber
on 11/13/08 12:44 pm
I was really nervous my first time and had someone hold my hand.  It was so easy and not painful.  To me it hurt less than a regular shot.  Its just a small stick to numb and then you really feel nothing!
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/08 2:01 pm - Togo
Thanks to all of you for posting. you're all reassuring.

i guess i am going to have a lap band. 

actually that is the revision my doctor spoke to me about the most, but i won't know for sure which one he is going to do until i meet with him after i get this blood test cleared.

Most Active