No Date. Here's Why

pokerchips
on 11/11/08 5:02 am
I thought I was being a good patient by not calling the doctors office to make sure they sent my paperwork into United Health Care.  I made a big mistake & I am really disappointed 

I' had an endoscope  & and upper GI over 3 weeks ago and the surgeon said he would perform revision surgery if my insurance approves the surgery.  I faxed my 6 months of weight  watchers to the surgeons office. Okay I thought the ball was in the doctors office court.  But I was wrong the bariatric coordinator at UHC called today to ask if I was still looking into surgery I said yes and she said well we have not gotten anything from you so I was wondering.  When I called the surgeons office his insurance person was not aware that Dr. V agreed to do a revision. 

To make a long story short  I did not know that I had to get a psych eval & cardiac clearance prior to insurance approval for a revision.  Crap I have wasted 3 weeks where I could have already scheduled those appointments!  I thought I would have a surgery date before January but I guess not!!!!  I am soooooooo disappointed.  All this time I thought everything was already sent to UHC.
Katrina B.
on 11/11/08 6:36 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Consider it a minor setback.
It is easy to be disappointed when we have a time in mind about when we suspect we'll have the surgery. Count your blessings.. some people cannot get a revision or weight loss surgery period.

Good Luck!
Katrina
pokerchips
on 11/11/08 6:38 am
You are right Katrina.  I was just having a pity party and being a spoiled brat.  Thanks for putting my feet back on the ground :)
Most Active