Insurance is deliberating now

Paula Prichard
on 11/10/08 7:00 am - Kingman, AZ
I was flat out denied for my lap band removal and erny revision.  I called and was told there was only once exception and I *MIGHT* be eligible since my current insurance DID pay for the lap band (which was a written exclusion in 2006 but I ended up getting approved) and that is what is causing me the problems.  Anyway, I almost cried on Friday because I thought I would be approved since WLS is now part of my insurance plan and since I've had my band unfilled I've gained approximately 10 pounds---like I needed 10 more.  Anyway, they are now debated whether or not I meet the current criteria in order to let the pre-approval company know that I can be certified.....let's hope for the best or I'll be certifiable!!! lol The lady at my insurance (the supervisor) was very helpful so that leads me to be hopeful....I hope. :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
mew6495
on 11/10/08 10:47 am - MI
 Good Luck Paula!  I will send a prayer your way...
daizygurl27
on 11/12/08 1:26 am - Shinnston, WV
I AM JUST STARTING THIS JOURNEY THAT YOU ARE ON.  JUST CURIOUS WHAT THE EXCEPTION WAS TO THEM PAYING FOR THE REVISION.  I HAVE FED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD AND HAVE NOT EVEN CALLED YET.  I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU

THANKS
Paula Prichard
on 11/12/08 2:09 am - Kingman, AZ
They said it wasn't a covered item.  I called.  It IS covered, but they are saying that my Lap Band was my once in a lifetime covered WLS, but I had that covered when it was an exemption so the way I see it, this revision, which is a covered thing now, should be counted as my once in a life time....if that makes sense.  lol  I was denied officially on Friday, but we are trying to work around it now.  Grr...  Good luck to you! :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
daizygurl27
on 11/12/08 9:46 am - Shinnston, WV
Thanks for getting back with me.  I wish you the best of luck also.  Insurance can be such a pain sometimes.  I seen a girl that I worked with today and she had RNY 5 months AFTER i had my band and i had to do a double take.  she has lost 109 lbs in 8 months and looks wonderful!!!!!  Just curious do you have bluecross blueshield?  i go to the doc monday so i'm hoping something good will come out of it!!

keep in touch
Most Active