Band to Sleeve-how to convince dr

slfranks
on 11/10/08 7:11 am - Hutto, TX
I had the band in 2001 and originally went from 310 to 225, but am now back up to 280. I can eat everything and am either hungry or throwing up, no middle ground. I really would like the sleeve because the Gastric Bypass scares me to death. However my original dr said he wouldn't do it because it is the same restriction type surgery. Those of you that did to a revision from band to sleeve, how did you convince your dr to do it? Anyone in Austin, Tx area that has done it?
AmandaLP
on 11/10/08 2:56 pm - TX
VSG on 12/20/07 with
There are lots of band to sleeve revisions. If you have a smaller amount to lose, the restriction of the VSG may be enough.

Find another doctor And come join us on the VSG forum, and lots of people can help you.
FatGirlShrinking.com , my blog :-)
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 8:24 pm - AZ
I had the same problem as you along with a few more.  My doc all but insisted on it towards the end when things were really bad.

There are many people that have no sweet spot.  It just doesn't happen anymore.  It can be due to scar tissue or a variety of other problems.

If your doctur does  not support you in the surgery type you feel is right for you, find a new doctor before you gain all your excess weight back.

tnwalkersu
on 11/11/08 4:17 am - Somerville, TN
It doens't make sense that he would tell you it is the same.  Have you had your band checked for leaks?  I have a leak in my band and getting a revision to DS.  Have you thought about DS?  It's the second part to a sleeve.  You should talk to another doctor and see what he says.  There is no reason why you can't go from the band to another surgery.  If you get RNY you will still have the same size pouch that you have with the band.  But with DS you have the best of everything.  Do some more talking with your doctor.  Something doesn't sound right here.

Tn Walkers - OFF AND RIDING!!

Most Active