Revision on 11/24!!! How long to recover???

Valerieb09
on 11/11/08 8:23 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi,
All the good things you have heard about Dr. Lautz are true!  I hope your recovery goes smoothly too!
My weight loss has been fantastic!  And I can eat anything unlike when I had the band...of course I have to watch the fat and sugar.  I have lost about 68+ lbs. since June 9, 2009.  I know when I saw Dr. Lautz back in August he was very pleased with my weight loss which was either 43 or 47 lbs. at that time.  I don't do a traditional exercise program but my job keeps me running around.  I work at BJ's Wholesale Club in Marketing.  I have had to give away 2 big bags of clothes that were too big.  I have bought smaller shoes, bras, undies, along with a few new outfits.  And my mobility is so much better.  I have lost a little over half of what I need to lose.
I am very pleased so far.  The first few days were kind of rough, I won't kid you I felt like a Mack truck ran me over but things got better as time passed.
I had to have a lot of adhesions removed as I lost my right kidney to cancer in 2003 and he had to repair an umbilical hernia. 
Good Luck on your revision!
Valerie
apirl R.
on 12/4/08 4:54 am
hello
i am know i am pretty late, and you are probaly recovering,  I pray all went well. I will be seeing Dr Lautz soon.  I wanted to know what kind of revision did you recieve? how long after your first appointment did you get a date?  Thanks in advance
April
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 5:06 am
Hi April, I am recovering... thanks for the prayers.  I had a reduction of my pouch and stoma I originally had a lap RNY the revision was lap too... Dr. Lautz repaired an ulcer at my stoma also but the biggest issues were a kink in the bowel, and several adhesions. One of them was on my spleen and when they tried to remove it the capsule that surrounds the spleen ruptured and I lost a lot of blood. It was almost an open revision with a spleen removal but I think the talented Dr. Lautz worked his magic! I am very sore and trying to learn my limitations about sipping too fast, swallowing cut pills etc but overall I am well. I got a date for 3 wks after initial consult but it was because I was in alot of pain and knew there was something bowel related... more of an emergency than just the revision... let me know how you make out...Lisa
apirl R.
on 12/4/08 5:23 am
Wow, thank God you are okay today.  my appointment is not until March, i call every week to see if there are any cancellations.  I really like to get in there soon as possible. Take care of yourself and Good Luck and I will be in touch
Most Active