wls and the quality of life

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 12:12 am, edited 11/12/08 12:16 am - Togo

Kelly V.
on 11/10/08 6:59 am - Galion, OH

Quality of Life is such a broad statement.  This I know for sure (OMG I sounded like Oprah )

I am able to play basketball with my children, I am able to take a bubble bath, I am able to go to a swimming pool without being mortified, I am able to walk up stairs without taking a break, I am able to fit in plane seats, I am able to get into a booth at a restaurant without getting stuck, I am able to fit in a movie theatre seat, I am able to walk in the mall without people staring, pointing or making fun of me, I am able to run on the treadmill, I am able to dance to music, I am able to ride on the back of a motorcycle, I am able to get on a horse without worrying I am going to break his back, I am able to fit into a roller coaster, I am able to play softball and volleyball, I am able to go to my kids functions without worrying I will break the seats but most of all I am able to look at myself in the mirror, remember where I came from, remember I don't want to go back and look forward to tomorrow and what will my next adventure be.

Even when the times are tough, even when I suffer from side effects of the surgery, even if I were to loose 10 years off the end of my life I would do it all over again without a hesitation just because the quality of life I have had in the past 6 years (I had my surgery 8 years ago but 2 years I was loosing) has been the best life I have had so far and I hope it only gets better.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 1:26 pm - Togo

I just read your profile. What an interesting story. So sad and yet so inspiring. 

I wish you the best and thank you for your input on 'the quality of life'.

Take care.

Most Active