Please can someone answer my question?

ddam7
on 11/8/08 11:42 pm - crystal lake, IL
Hi all,
I recently had a revision from a RNY to a BPD with out a switch because of complications  so the switch part was not possible for me. My problem is my stoma is so streached out i litterely cant get full. The food emptys so fast every 15 minutes I am eating. I had the stomaphxy before my BPD to see if that would help, it didnt at all ,I waisted $8,000 on that procedure. My question is , Is their a experienced Doctor who has done revisions on the stoma ONLY to make it tighter so food stays in longer so I can go a few hours without eating like normal people? I am again so depressed because of this . Please can someone give me any help maybe a name of a doctor who has done this Thank you for any replys!
ginau
on 11/9/08 2:08 am - mesa, AZ
Sounds like you  just need to start calling and asking that question when they answer the phone  at the dr office.  I have heard of limited success with the Sclerotherapy ??  my spelling might be off on that. 

My revision was a  mal absorbtive - they moved my connection down further. My Stoma is still open  - But because of a shorter intestine I absorb  less  nutrients and  I am able to loose weight again.  

Good Luck - I'll be watching to see what kind of reply's  you receive

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active